IGNORED

fuel line and brake line insulator rubbers id help

nix240z

hello all I need help with the id of fuel line and brake line rubber insulators. The three insulators in question have a ? above them.

I need to know what year or if they even go on a 240z, maybe a 73? They seem to be for larger fuel and return lines than on 71 and 72.

maybe a 260z?

I have looked at a early 73 240z and did not see these insulators on the car, but they could be in an area that I could not see.

any help would be great.

post-24576-14150822824551_thumb.jpg

I am 99.9% sure now that the insulators in question are for a 260z and anyone confirm this who has a 260z?

This is a pic of the 240z insulators I am making. This is a complete set for 70-72 240z with 15 total insulators and a 73 has only 14 minus the 3 hole insulator ( 3rd one from left)

Each die for the insulators was milled on a milling machine. These are made from shore 80 A urethane which has been degassed in a vacuum, then cast in a high quality two part mold in a pressure pot and then heated at 150deg for 8 hrs.

...post-24576-14150822825194_thumb.jpg

Edited by nix240z

I think the three mystery parts are from the back of the car near the "end of the lines" bad pun.

I think the bottom row second from left ? is the rubber that holds the fuel send, fuel return, and evaporation vent line. I saw it just before the rear differential-hanger-unibody-cross-member in a 71 I restored.

I believe the top row 2nd ? from left is the rubber that holds the same lines plus the rear brake line and it is the next closest to the front of the car. It is up just behind the two E-brake fixtures that are welded to the unibody above the front differential strap.

I believe the top row 1st ? from the left is the rubber that holds the same lines and it is the next closest to the front of the car. It is up in front of the two E-brake fixtures that are welded to the unibody above the front differential strap.

This is a pic of the 240z insulators I am making. This is a complete set for 70-72 240z with 15 total insulators and a 73 has only 14 minus the 3 hole insulator ( 3rd one from left)

...[ATTACH=CONFIG]60942[/ATTACH]

Not a "complete" set until you include the single hole units -that hold the fuel vapor line on the Left Frame Rail and Brake Lines on both Frame Rails.

You can see most of them here: 1973 240Z.

Kelly W's Z Restoration

FWIW,

Carl B.

I think the three mystery parts are from the back of the car near the "end of the lines" bad pun.

I think the bottom row second from left ? is the rubber that holds the fuel send, fuel return, and evaporation vent line. I saw it just before the rear differential-hanger-unibody-cross-member in a 71 I restored.

I believe the top row 2nd ? from left is the rubber that holds the same lines plus the rear brake line and it is the next closest to the front of the car. It is up just behind the two E-brake fixtures that are welded to the unibody above the front differential strap.

I believe the top row 1st ? from the left is the rubber that holds the same lines and it is the next closest to the front of the car. It is up in front of the two E-brake fixtures that are welded to the unibody above the front differential strap.

thanks for your input....

the insulators in question have larger return lines and I figured out they came off a 260z since 260z and 280z have larger return lines. You had the locations but missed the year...thx

great photos nix. you show the 3 mystery rubbers in this one:

60977d1360473818-fuel-line-brake-line-insulator-rubbers-id-help-z90.jpg