IGNORED

front fender support panel

timsz

Would anyone happen to have the front fender inner support panel for sale. It's the ribbed piece on the rear of front fender close to where the door hinges are. I need the bottom part. The bottom 16 inch part is spot welded to the top. My old ones are completely rusted. I made one but I'm not sure how it conforms at the bottom (rocker panel). Should it be water tight at bottom to keep water from rocker panel. Does gasket go the whole way down? I need both sides, but one will do. Anyone have a picture? 71 240Z. Thank you very much, TimsZ

I have a few fenders hanging in the shed, not for sale but I took a pic of what you are describing. That part was/is not sold separately but is part of the fender assembly. The rubber is listed in the parts catalog as: FILLER-baffle front fender,part number 63810-E4100. At first I thought you were talking about the Mud Guard in the illustration.

post-12938-14150821929431_thumb.jpg

post-12938-14150821930746_thumb.jpg

Like Geezer, I thought you were referrring to the removable splash shield #26 but re-read your post about the closeness to the hinges. Try and find some donor fenders to cut out the rear shield/brace or to use as a template to fab new ones. The Nissan gaskets #4 and #30 are NLA and you would not want to use them anyway as they were open-cell foam that held water and contributed to the rust problems. I used 5/16 thick X 3/4 wide closed-cell foam weatherstrip for these two spots - a perfect seal when the fender was bolted up. The weatherstrip was picked up at Autozone.