IGNORED

New 240z more hints

240260280z

Here is an English translationof your second link:

http://auto.sina.com.cn On October 30, 2012 06:56 SINA auto Kevin LeeFont size: large small

Nissan 370Z successor

Senior Nissan recently revealed to European media,370Z(Configuration Gallery Of mouth Forum)Achieving generational change in 2016, the new Z sports cars will become more agile and efficient, and for the first time using a four-cylinder engine .

New generation of Nissan's z sports cars will use inline four-cylinder engine for the first time, in order to obtain excellent fuel consumption and emissions . In order to ensure performance gains, new car body than the cash into smaller, more dexterous. Nissan Vice President(Configuration Gallery Of mouth Forum)Andy-Palmer (Andy Palmer) disclosed to the media in Europe: "we'll always produce z sports car, but the next generation will be more economical and environmentally friendly, so you need to use four-cylinder engine. ”

Nissan 370Z's successor

Since its 1969 introduced the 240Z, Nissan z-series Coupe already has a history of more than 40 years, but has always insisted on using six-cylinder engine, next-generation z series switching to four-cylinder engines will be an important turning point. Even so, Nissan car fans do not have to worry about since the introduction of four-cylinder engines, Palmer said: "we will be preparing six-cylinder engine for the next-generation z-car, but will be very limited. ”

You can borrow using a four-cylinder engine of the z sports car Turbo system brings exciting performance and, more importantly, is a four-cylinder engine of the economy will be much better than using the V6 engine of the 370Z. Cash 370Z sales stagnated, largely is subject to high oil prices .

Next-generation z sports car from Renault(Configuration Gallery Of mouth)-Nissan Alliance's dynamic selection of four-cylinder engines in the library. For Juke(Configuration Gallery Of mouth)1.6-liter turbocharged four-cylinder engine can be adjusted to more than 200 BHP horsepower, Megane(Configuration Gallery Of mouth Forum)Renaultsport 265 2-liter turbocharged engine is also a good choice. But for the z sports car, equipped with a new dynamic seems more likely, might even benefit from the Renault -Nissan Alliance and Daimler group cooperation schemes. Which was held not long ago in the Paris International Auto show, executives said, is developing a range of turbocharged petrol engines, the first engine in 2016 and is equipped with a new car, but this time coincided with the time to market for next-generation z-car line. New cars will be equipped with high performance automatic transmission was developed in cooperation with Daimler's results.

A four-cylinder engine for the first time the z sports car, is expected to name it appears to adjust. Nissan z sports car to date engine displacement to name your new car, but is unlikely to do the supercharged engine displacement as the new name of the law. Nissan Renault schemes may be used, horsepower was named based on the data, or use classic cars 240Z name.

Message produced the collection two imaginary map shows us the new generation z-level designs. Rich sense of muscular fender, smooth motion of Coupe -style roof, front part of the aggressive, short rear overhang will be a new car design elements are used. Body will increase the use of lightweight materials, such as aluminum and high strength steels for lighter, so as to achieve greater efficiency. At the same time, curb weight reduction also means handling acuity enhancement.

In addition to the Standard Edition, Nissan Nismo performance to be introduced for the new generation of z sports car version. Nismo means dynamic growth and suspension system improvement, and high-performance limited-slip differential . Just as Toyota GT 86, next-generation z car will also be a car can fall at any time drift racing. (Kevin Lee)

Dear Andy Palmer:

I am sure that Nissan and you know what you are doing, but personally I would have NO interest in buying a Z Car with a four banger. Too many other cars in the present market with that engine configuration. Personally - I don't know anyone that buys a "Sports/GT" based on fuel consumption, nor emissions here in the US.

Nissan seems to have completely forgotten that when the Datsun 240Z was introduced - its competitors in the mid priced Sports Car Market were all powered by 4 cylinder engines. The Z Car's silky smooth standard 6 cylinder engine, with higher levels of torque and horsepower sat the Z apart from its competition. It was also the reason that the Z put most of its competition out of the market here in the US.

If it has a 4 cylinder engine it should be called a 240SX here in the US. "Badge Engineering" never works for long here. Many auto companies have proven that in the past.

Just as I see it

Carl B.

Carl, I guess that late 90s concept is coming back to life. ;) I remember when Nissan surveyed Z owners about that concept. I guess a lot of us didn't like it because it disappeared quickly. I thought the back end looked rather awkward, too.

However, if it's turbocharged, rear wheel drive, gets good hype in the press comparing it to the Scion FRS and the Subie BRZ, is priced at around $25, 000, looks fresh, and has a good exhaust note, they'll sell as many as they care to make. Just a thought.

Dennis