IGNORED

Powdercoating

Hoybo

Hello everyone,

I thought I would put up some info about powdercoating I had done.

I had some bits and bobs soft blasted, primed and then powercoated black, they came up an absolute treat. Like new almost. :)

post-23866-14150820913017_thumb.jpg

All I did was wire brush them and a bit of a sand and a good wash, got them back 4 days later at about $80.

I can do other peoples parts too, the men that run the shop are a good mates Dad and his friends. All old school hot rodders. Black and White are done every day, small turn around. Any other colour and a bit more time is needed.

Cheers, Ben.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

nice work, i am seriously considering getting all my drivetrain crossmembers etc all black powder coated for chip resistance.. I was going to just paint with POR15 black, but i am not 100% confident that it will stick on some of the smooth metal (such as the rear diff xmember), and i don't have the capability to sand blast myself any more.

I am sure the shipping cost between sydney-brisbane will probably be prohibitive though especially with the rear A-Arms (but anything is possible if it all works out cheaper)... Do you think they would be capable of powder coating brake calipers and that sort of stuff (probably in brembo style red, or a titanium type colour to match the wheels)?

Edited by khughes

I am sure the shipping cost between sydney-brisbane will probably be prohibitive though especially with the rear A-Arms (but anything is possible if it all works out cheaper)... Do you think they would be capable of powder coating brake calipers and that sort of stuff (probably in brembo style red, or a titanium type colour to match the wheels)?

They spray white and black everyday, other colours and the turn around time is a bit longer. Booth is big enough to powdercoat a whole car if needed...

if only i hadn't epoxied my bottom, i would have seriously considered throwing the car on the trailer and getting the bottom, rails and inside powdercoated!!

i will have a look over the next couple of weekends (only because i have a weekend or 2 of moving stuff around to actually get at the car and parts!) at the stuff and see if i can work out what it would cost to ship to brisbane and back! :)