IGNORED

relay for headlights

4 DOOR

Hi

I`m new to the site.

I`ve got a 4 door 240K that I`m trying to wire up a new headlight relay, does anyone know what colours operate what on the wiring plug, I know that its negative swiched but can only get the high beam going on the outside lights.

Does anyone have a spare trim the goes above the front windscreen mine blew off and I can`t find another.

I have zero knowledge of the K series but this is a popular subject for the Z cars. This link covers the relay modification: http://alteredz.com/Headlight_Relay_pg1.htm Also if you check that out and it seems to work you can get a pre-built kit from a few sources including the Z store, im pretty sure they are made buy one of the guys on this forum or hybridZ

Hi

its negative swiched but can only get the high beam going on the outside lights.

Relays most likely won't fix back your low beams, if that's what you're trying to fix. The problem is probably in the ground circuit at the dimmer switch. If it's the same type of switch as the 280Z you can fix it by spraying contact cleaner in to the switch and working it around or by taking the switch apart and cleaning up the contacts.