IGNORED

TechnoVersions Differential Mount

ZCurves

I have an RT style mount on my 76 280Z and it fixed the thumpy part of the clunk. Now all I hear is the lash in the diff and axle parts. It's also very convenient if you work on your suspension or plan to, since you can remove the cross member that clamps the transverse link and leave the diff hanging, if you use the GM mount instead of the snubber.

On the other hand, most old diff mounts are loose even if you can't see any damage. A new stock mount would probably fix clunking also.

The black insulator (bump stop). I just installed the R/T mount in my 5th Z today. You'll have to trim the bump stop to fit above the diff. I cut off about 3/4 inches with a hacksaw. They work flawlessly.

But doesn't the R/T - Technoversions mount also transmit a lot more vibration and noise to the driver than the stock mount?

I ask because I'm also thinking about the Techno mount but have been counseled against it because I'm building a highway car/show car that I will take to the track maybe once a year. A quiet car is a good thing for most of my driving.

• 5 years later...
On 9/11/2012 at 8:02 PM, grannyknot said:

But doesn't the R/T - Technoversions mount also transmit a lot more vibration and noise to the driver than the stock mount?

I ask because I'm also thinking about the Techno mount but have been counseled against it because I'm building a highway car/show car that I will take to the track maybe once a year. A quiet car is a good thing for most of my driving.

I know I am digging up a 5-year-old threat, but I can't find the answer to the question granny knot asked right before the thread died. I am speculating that trimming the conical insulator to be just short of touching the differential (as TechnoVersion mentions on their site) might be the solution to this, but I haven't seen anyone explicitly say that anywhere.

The answer is no .......you are confusing the solid diff mount (under the diff) with the R/T diff mount (above the diff) which just replaces the strap.....which stretches with age. The R/T mount just puts a bump stop above the diff to limit the upward movement (clunk) of the diff. It lasts forever and is the way it should have been designed from the beginning.

The answer is no .......you are confusing the solid diff mount (under the diff) with the R/T diff mount (above the diff) which just replaces the strap.....which stretches with age. The R/T mount just puts a bump stop above the diff to limit the upward movement (clunk) of the diff. It lasts forever and is the way it should have been designed from the beginning.

I understand how it works. There are three configurations in play here, and I think that my not distinguishing between the two TechnoVersion options creates confusion. I'm getting at whether the urethane mount pictured above makes a significant increase to transferred vibration over the factory setup. The fact that it's urethan means it will be more. Whether it's significant is another story.

I'm getting one of these, but the answer to the question will dictate whether I keep the OEM mount and use the conical insulator or go with the red urethan top mount and lose the OEM one.

I just used the simple bump stop with the R/T mount. I used the stock Nissan mount underneath (with the rubber cushion). There is nothing to cause any vibration with the R/T mount with either bump stop you use, because the only contact that's made is when you are torqueing through the gears, and the diff rises up and is stopped by whichever bump stop you use. The lower mount is damped with a rubber cushion to prevent vibration, because it is connected (bolted to the diff) at all times.