IGNORED

Rear Bumper Question

s14280zx

I have a '79 280zx, and it has the center "280zx" taillight panel on it, which I want to keep, and had the chrome bumpers which were in bad shape. I bought 2 parts cars , an '80 and an '82. One had a xenon airdam which I'm using,(you can see I have the front end on in my avatar) and I want to use the bumpers off of the '82. My questions are, will it look right with the license plate mounted on the plastic bumper? Are there any companies that make an aftermarket bumper that has a license plate mount? Thanks

Edited by s14280zx

I can't answer the second part of your question, but should be able to get away with mounting the plate to the parts car bumper. You might find it looks better if you get a frame for the plate.

However, the dimensions of the molded plastic "arms" are different dimensions than those of the original. Additionally, the crease along the steel bumper is in a different location from the original, so you won't be able to swap out the old for the better condition unit.

Thanks, I have the whole bumper assembly including the side finishers off of the '82, so I would be using the whole thing off of the '82. The side pieces go all the way to the fenderwells, so I'm thinking it should work, but I'm not sure.