IGNORED

Doing laps *incar videos*

260DET

• 4 weeks later...

I was watching the Hungarian Grand Prix, and I noticed that they had the usual curbing, and some more paving on the outside of that! Otherwise these guys would be driving in the grass! They didn't just drive on it for a moment, they stayed on the curbing until the car was straight, and only went back on the pavement when the curbing ended.

How bad are these guys that they can't stay between the two edge lines??

Otherwise, just make it a 200-mile long straight track, about 1000 metres wide. Maybe they can handle that.

Edited by TomoHawk

I believe the F1 guys only have to keep one tire inside the white lines (although the marshals don't seem to catch all of the violations). Whether you are driving an F1 or a Datsun, in some corners it's faster to clip the apex and/or track out wide. All else being equal, the guy who never drops a wheel will be slower than the guy who runs consistently with two wheels on the curbing. Since the rules allow it, pro drivers have to ride the curbing in order to continue to be pro drivers.

Then they aren't Pro drivers any more. To make all things EQUAL, just just remove all the curbing. If they have all wheels off the track, I'd say they were heading for a barrier of some sort, or in trouble in general.

Racing isn't about going fast; it's about getting to the finish first.

Edited by TomoHawk

Hungaroring is a rubbish circuit and the kerbing mentioned is a problem, I think it is like that for safety reasons at that point. If you go off there a big solid wall is not far away. Kerbing has it's use though, it protects the outer edge of the track from being damaged and eroded away and then being a safety risk eg tyre damage.

Go to YouTube and check out Silverstreak1971... He is a member here and most of his videos are at Thunderhill in Northern California. He does a heck of a lot of passing for a guy driving a 40 year old car... 8D

Do a search on YouTube, 'Silverstreak1971 240Z Thunderhill'

it protects the outer edge of the track from being damaged and eroded away
That's the whole point. If these "professional" drivers would stay between the white painted lines, they wouldn't need to be cheating by driving on the curbing.

This is one of my personal favorites. First. because I created it by accident and second, because I won! When I first watched it i was amazed at how close to an F1 car it sounds. Don't turn up the speakers if you're in public.

Greg

• Like 1

Here is me in my car last weekend at Thunderhill Raceway Park in Northern Calfornia. Stock seats and belts so I was holding on for dear life but once I got my bearings on how to hold myself in place things went better.

http://www.youtube.com/my_videos_edit?ns=1&feature=vm-privacy&video_id=akqw32y9WDE

I should clarify, that is my car in front. The Z from which it is being filmed belongs to Silverstreak1971 or just Silverstreak here.

Edited by conedodger