IGNORED

LED Taillight Swap

d240zx2

I removed the Dave Irwin LED taillights from 721, planning to install in the "new" Z. Brought along the LED flasher that worked in 721, too. Guess what? They no workie! The "new" Z is a 10/70 '71. Any thoughts or comments, 'cause I'm stumped?

Everything worked before I plugged in the LED taillights and flasher and everything works after I changed back. Guess I'll wait 'til Dave gets back from MSA to ask more. Thanks for the thoughts.

Was everything on the "new" car functioning before you attempted the swap? I've found that a bad hazard switch, or one that is not in the correct position can wreak havoc on the turn signal system.

Go back to the basics. First, verify that you get voltage to the tail-light connectors. If you have voltage at the connectors, then just run 12V from the battery to the tail-lights to see what's working and what's not.