IGNORED

License and Registration Please

Bonzi Lon

Last month I went to my local Courthouse to get the Z tags renewed and was wondering what others in other States pay to have their Z-cars tagged and registered.

In Kansas the vehicle has to be 35 years old to be antique, no classic or historical, regular or antique only. They issue an antique plate, white with blue lettering and a number, like 128463, (boring) or a year of manufacture plate, this option is my favorite, you don't have to ask 'what year is this?' LOL

The first year mine was registered I had a 73 'KMB 14' plate (at one time this plate was on the 69 Buick that put me in the hospital for 4 1/2 months, center punched it on a Harley, when it became known to me I had to have it) and it cost me $45 to register the plate and $12 in personal property tax.

This year for renewal it was $17 total, $5 on registration and $12 in pp tax, the Roadster was the same, the 521 is not tagged so it was only $12.

What do you pay per year to the State and Local Government to keep your Z on the road?

Bonzi Lon

California charged me the following: Registration fee = $69, License Fee = $1 and County/District Fees = $10 or a total of $80 for a 1970 240Z this year. Are we being ripped off or what. Every thing in California costs more for the privilege of living here. At least the cars do not rust out as quickly.

John

My '73 has Colorado Classic car plates: ownership tax $15, license fee $147.67, road fee $23, Bridge fee $9 for a total of 162.67. At first glance this seems high, but the registration is good for 5 years...$35.53/year a good deal I think plus no emissions check.

Cheers, Mike

Texas is pretty cheap for antique vehicles (more than 25 years old): $50 for 5 years, bridge fee $10, automation fee $1. There are limitations for usage - parades, exhibitions, club events (obviously a potentially broad interpretation), to/from repairs. Cannot be used for a daily driver or running errands. Even then - it would be up to your local police to decide on enforcement. Also - no safety inspection required, another savings (that is why no DD usage).

Jim

Here in Florida - Cars over 25 years old - $52.40. Until the financial melt down - and the loss of revenue from property taxes - these plates were about $15.00 per year. Transfering a title used to around $15.00 and now it's $125.00. Getting a new license plate used to cost around $25.00 for the initial registration - now it's $225.00 as I recall.

On the other hand - when I bought my 72 new in Washington State - a new registration & plate cost over $85.00 there. When I moved here to Florida in 73 - a new registration and plate cost $15.00.

FWIW,

Carl B.

My regular daily driver BMW was $115.30 and 26th-Z was $104.80 but that was for a two-year renewal. 26th-Z is a vanity plate. We don't have vehicle inspection in Florida and the fees include a county fee surcharge. It was only a few dollars less to renew for two years.

The only antique exclusion is on my driver's license! LOL

Edited by 26th-Z