IGNORED

$69 NISSAN 280Z Chip 60 Horsepower Increase, yada, yada, yada (GForce chip)

FastWoman

Sounds like they're trying to keep the forum running. Unless you all want to be charged an annual fee in exchange for the use of this forum, ignore the ads and don't worry about it. I've never even noticed them until now, and I bet they mostly or completely go away if you donate to the site. If someone is stupid enough to buy it, then so be it. That's Capitalism in action.
By the way the ads are provided automagically and i suspect they are using the google adsense system so if you sign out of google your ads will probably change.

This. I run a blog with Google Adsense and chances are the forum admins have absolutely no control over what's being displayed beyond basic settings like text only, text/image, or image only.

If we had a random forum visitor that Google had detected had visited a lot of say, gardening-related sites, there would be gardening-related ads shown in that space. 'Tis how it works.

I tried to contact those GForce people to double-check the compatibility with my L28E engine system, and any information they could share as to how it works with my engine, and the message system crashed, or I got a message to that effect. I don't know if they will get my request.

It seems they are just another group of people who get digital Fuel injection confused with analog fuel injection.

At least they didn't list the 240Z or 260Z on their compatibility list!

Edited by TomoHawk

I finally did get a reply from my inquiry:

We only have the older vehicles listed, for it a customer installs a newer fuel injected engine into their older vehicle.

Older vehicles are listed only as suggestions, and that you install a MODERN fuel injected engine in order to use the chip. :rolleyes:

Edited by TomoHawk

Hi guys, yes I added some advertising to help raise some capital so we can make improvements to the site. There are a number of things we want to do and adding the Google Adsense package to the site was a great way for us to raise the necessary money. I tried putting ads in the least annoying places on the site. I won't let this place turn into an ad nightmare, but, it was a necessary adjustment. As an FYI, our monthly overhead costs (electricity bill, server hardware maintenance, Internet fees, etc) are in the $350-$400 range. Half of that was covered by direct sponsors, and the other half was paid by yours truly.

As far as the ads themselves, you will see less of them after you log in. Non-members see more of them. If you can help out the site by clicking on a few banners here and there, it will definitely help out. I believe we get about $.20-$.80 per click (depending on the vendor). This way, even lurkers can help our cause. ;)

Nonetheless, the thing I noticed about Google Adsense is the content is based on some kind of Google intelligence based on your browsing history. I have tried forcing them to show race cars, classic cars, nissan, datsun, zcar and other related topics. But, there are certain types of other ads that can sneak through.

As far as the microchip thread, hopefully this hasn't hijacked any kind of discussion.... Please start a different topic or send me a PM if you are concerned about the ads. I'll see what I can do to TRY and keep everyone happy.

Hey Mike,

First, thanks for the work on the site and for out of pocket moneys spent. I do think there must be a way to organize a monthly, or semi annual fundraiser for the site. Personally, I get a kick out of some of the wild claims from some of the advertisers, but I suppose there are members who simply aren't aware that the gimmicks are gimmicks. This one isn't the most outrageous I don't think.