IGNORED

trying to find pistons and rings for my n 42 engine

hjac45

I have a n 42 engine and it has been at the machine shop what a nightmare the guy told me that it was a std 260 so i ordered pistons and guess what too small. so i asked him whats going on he said your 260 had a 280 engine in it ugh. well he said get std 280 pistons so i did and gues what too small the engine had been bored .20 so i am trying to find these pistons mean while i have the other 2 sets and con not return since i bought them on line . any one have an idea cheap since i had already spent 500 dollars in pistons and rings that don't fit

Get a new machinist. He told you it was an L26. Then he told you to get standard L28 pistons. Obviously he didn't even take a measurement or know what the bore size should be. He should have given you a bore size number to work with. Even better, he should have ordered the parts himself. He's wasting your time and money and will probably do a poor job.

You could have bought a good running engine for less than $500.

I would first of all work on your spelling - you will get some faster and better responses from this site.

Second of all I would get a new shop - if this guy has screwed this up from the beginning it will be a train-wreck once he finishes the rebuild

Call Dave Rebello (http://www.rebelloracing.com/)- he can send you all the parts and pieces that you need or just send him your block and head and he and his team will perform a little "Rebello Racing Magic" to it.