• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

hjac45

hjac45

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Locationaugusta ga
I have a n 42 engine and it has been at the machine shop what a nightmare the guy told me that it was a std 260 so i ordered pistons and guess what too small. so i asked him whats going on he said your 260 had a 280 engine in it ugh. well he said get std 280 pistons so i did and gues what too small the engine had been bored .20 so i am trying to find these pistons mean while i have the other 2 sets and con not return since i bought them on line . any one have an idea cheap since i had already spent 500 dollars in pistons and rings that don't fit

black gold man

black gold man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 824 posts
  • LocationDetroit, Michigan, United States
maybe new shop

http://www.atlantara...nic-datsun.html

Edited by black gold man, 13 April 2012 - 06:25 PM.

Zed Head

Zed Head

Low Budget/High Value

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,698 posts
  • LocationWashington County, OR
Get a new machinist. He told you it was an L26. Then he told you to get standard L28 pistons. Obviously he didn't even take a measurement or know what the bore size should be. He should have given you a bore size number to work with. Even better, he should have ordered the parts himself. He's wasting your time and money and will probably do a poor job.

You could have bought a good running engine for less than $500.

Lazeum

Lazeum

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts
  • LocationParis, France (prev. Troy, Mi)
I agree with the statement above!
Your machinist is bad, the size of the pistons is usually stamped on them, he did not even look at them carefully.

I had good luck with www.clarksdiscount.com, Carl (the owner?) was awesome with me & he has everything for your engine (see where I live!)

Travel'n Man

Travel'n Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,491 posts
  • LocationWestern North Carolina
I would first of all work on your spelling - you will get some faster and better responses from this site.
Second of all I would get a new shop - if this guy has screwed this up from the beginning it will be a train-wreck once he finishes the rebuild

Call Dave Rebello (http://www.rebelloracing.com/)- he can send you all the parts and pieces that you need or just send him your block and head and he and his team will perform a little "Rebello Racing Magic" to it.

Life's a journey; enjoy the ride!

Mitchell
L28 - N42 Block w/Flat tops - N42 Rebello Head & Cam - Triple 40 PHH Mikuni's - Headers - Recaro Seats -
R180 LSD 3.9 Diff - Close Ratio 5 Speed - Vented Brake Upgrade w/ Porterfield High Performance Pads & Shoes

1972 Datsun 240z

img_2856-text.jpg

HLS30-75040

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users