IGNORED

Zcon 2012

d240zx2

• 1 month later...

I am surprised at the low chatter on the ZCON 2012 thread. I would think that it would be quite busy now as the event is less than a week away. I am very excited about going, and looking forward to meeting all the Z-folks and participating in most of the events. This will be my first ZCON. I am still trying to work out trailering my car to Phoenix. I have the tow vehicle but the trailer I am borrowing is a bit iffy – not sure when it will be available. Hoping to arrive early on 16 Sept, but may not get their till 17 Sept due to trailer. I’ve been spending a quite a bit of time cleaning the car up. I have even been underneath the car with cleaner and a toothbrush trying to get things cleaned up – of course I’m cleaning the car as well. Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Rich

Well, I am still very excited about the ZCON 2012 and my journey has begun. Attached is a pic of my Z on the trailer behind the Jimmy. Also shown is the futile attempt to put saran wrap over the front of the hood, Koito's and windshield. The Saran wrap lasted for about 10 mins then was flapping in the breeze so I took it off. Also had to stop shortly thereafter to more the car forward on the trailer. I was getting some wobbles on the downhills and the moving the car forward cured the problem. Anyway, the Z handled the ride well with no further issues. She is a trailer virgin and really enjoyed the pampered ride from San Diego.

One of the pleasant surprises here was the timeshare set-up. Its a huge 2 bedroom condo with it's own garage. Needless to say, I am thrilled about keeping the car in the garage here, and it is a very good size garage - see attached. Plenty of room to touch-up and detail. I will register tomorrow and try and post some pictures of the cars at the hotel. Looking forward to the show. Cool cactii here

Rich

post-19125-14150820355367_thumb.jpg

post-19125-14150820356055_thumb.jpg

post-19125-14150820356658_thumb.jpg

post-19125-14150820357318_thumb.jpg

Edited by motorman7
spelling

Thanks Guy! I am really looking forward to meeting everyone and talking Z's. I am also looking forward to seeing all of the cars and enjoying the events as well. Should be a great time for everyone. I will try and post pics when I can. Got the laptop here so I can stay connected.

Best regards,

Rich

Went to Registration at the hotel and picked up my goody-bag and badges. The registration room looked very organized and ready for a huge rush. I got there somewhat early, so processed through pretty quick. I saw a couple Z's in the wash area and in the parking lot, so thought I'd post some pics. Tonight is the opening reception, so that should be a lot of fun. I scribbled 'motorman7' on my badge so other classiczcar people could identify me. We'll see if that works.

post-19125-14150820388113_thumb.jpg

post-19125-14150820388825_thumb.jpg

post-19125-14150820389413_thumb.jpg

post-19125-14150820390009_thumb.jpg

post-19125-141508203906_thumb.jpg

post-19125-14150820391178_thumb.jpg