IGNORED

Quarter window seals

az240z

I 'm replacing the rear quarter window seals and have a question. The original seals have a lip that goes completely around the interior of the window. I believe this is to cover the trim piece edges or plastic window trim. The pieces that I got from Precision don't have this lip and after getting the part number from carparts, getting the pieces from Nissan, there is no lip. What and where do I get this or what is used instead??

You can see the lip in the pics. On the right side on pic to the right.

post-7238-14150818429512_thumb.jpg

post-7238-14150818430222_thumb.jpg

From your pics it looks like it is the Finisher that goes between the Quarter Window and the upper Door Window Frame. The seal is attached to the Quarter Window by three screws. There should be a small lip of rubber that seals against the Door Window frame when the door is closed. I'll post a pic for you later unless someone beats me to it.

I 'm replacing the rear quarter window seals and have a question. The original seals have a lip that goes completely around the interior of the window. I believe this is to cover the trim piece edges or plastic window trim. The pieces that I got from Precision don't have this lip and after getting the part number from carparts, getting the pieces from Nissan, there is no lip. What and where do I get this or what is used instead??

You can see the lip in the pics. On the right side on pic to the right.

I got the same replacements as you did :angry: Mine also did not have the extra rubber that conceals the gap between the inner window and plastic trim. I kept the old ones and may put them back in someday. I got mine from BD, I thought that was why I got cheap seals that don't match. they look great from the outside but fugly inside.

From your pics it looks like it is the Finisher that goes between the Quarter Window and the upper Door Window Frame. The seal is attached to the Quarter Window by three screws. There should be a small lip of rubber that seals against the Door Window frame when the door is closed. I'll post a pic for you later unless someone beats me to it.

Thanks for the reply but I have those. AS the other poster noted it is the finisher piece. What have others done for this??

what a dummy I am!!! That extra piece of rubber goes against the frame of the car, I'm assuming it was supposed to be some type of rain channel. The screws that hold the window to the frame,have a point, go into it. I need a major red dummy face.