IGNORED

70-74.5 or 74.5-xxx

i have just purchased a 74 260z and would like to replace the suspension.

when attempting to order parts i see that there are 2 different parts for 70-74.5 and 74.5 up:ermm:

how convenient...

anyone know how to tell the difference? vin number range or something?

thanks in advance

-Dr. Wombat

8/73-8/74 was considered 'early' (74) and 9/74-11/74 was considered 'late' (74.5). Going by the VIN, RLS30000001-RLS30060000 is 74 and RLS30060001-RLS30200000 is 74.5. The numbers for 2+2's are a little different.

Edited by sblake01

If you have a late 260, it will look like my avatar. The front bumper will be big and the turn signals will be in the grill. The early 260 has the turn signals under the bumper in the valence.

Edited by Jeff G 78

sooo... my bumper is smaller than jeffs, and wraps around where there is a recess in fenders, but cannot say if it has the correct bumper. car came from bakersfeild CA(if you know the spot, you know what i mean, at least its not rusty).

i'll check dates when i get home from work.

As an early 260z owner i can tell you this is going to be an important distinction and you need to double check compatibility of pretty much everything you buy. Some catalogs list parts as fitting 260 but what they really mean is it fits a late 260 and 280 model. This forum has been awesome in helping with those questions but definitely check twice before you buy anything.