IGNORED

HLS30-00721 will soon be razor blades.

d240zx2

Nasty crash, glad you are alright. Sounds like you were put into a situation I do not really think you could of got out of, if I understand the situation correctly a trailer came off a truck and left you with not many options. Might of been worse if you overreacted and or tried too hard to avoid the trailer, one of those things you will never really know but definitely could of been worse, far worse. You mentioned your ribs got bruised up, did you hit the steering wheel or was it just due to the seat belt? Curious as to what belts you had in the car and how you felt they performed. Your situation, and once again I am so sorry for your loss of the car and injuries, makes me rethink my choice in seat belts since I just have a lap belt at the moment and it would be wise of me to upgrade to something else.
New webbing, stock buckles and hardware. The belt is what compressed my ribcage.

I still say that if you are going to get another early car, you need to take the buy back optionon this one. There are thousands of dollars in used parts on that disfigured beauty you will need or want to transplant to the next car. You can call the new one Frankinstine and think of Ol' Yeller when you get behind the wheel.
I'm thinking that direction, 5th. My step-son already has a '70 spotted for me w/20K alleged miles. That may be a bit of misinformation, though. We'll just wait and see.

Check with Hagerty in regards to the salvage value of the car. Most of the companies I dealt with will allow you to buy it back for that value. I am pretty sure you won't be allowed to take anything off the car. They are settling the claim on an agreed value basis which means they give you the amount on the policy (no depreciation /haggling) and they take the car. Hagerty is my favorite classic car company and have placed most of my classic car clients with them.

I discussed this with them today. Should have a salvage value within a few days.

Check with Hagerty in regards to the salvage value of the car. Most of the companies I dealt with will allow you to buy it back for that value. I am pretty sure you won't be allowed to take anything off the car. They are settling the claim on an agreed value basis which means they give you the amount on the policy (no depreciation /haggling) and they take the car. Hagerty is my favorite classic car company and have placed most of my classic car clients with them.

Frank, My condolences for your loss. But, I am very glad to know that you came out of the tragedy non-the-less for wear. Let us know how the community can support you in your efforts to put four wheels back onto the road.

We'll all be interested to know how well Hagerty's takes care of you, since many of us in the club use Hagerty's services. Tony

Edited by auzziez

Another butterscotch Z owner chiming in now.

Frank, I'm glad to hear you're okay, but what about my "cousin" Sue? Was she with you?

I'm distressed to hear about your car's misfortune, as she's one of the prettiest I've seen

and especially, knowing about your personal history with her. Listen Frank, you have got

to save that car, again with your personal history, but also with the low VIN number.

I've seen some pretty bad wrecks, worse than yours, get straightened out so's you would

never know the difference. In fact, I once did one when I was at auto body repair school;

later it was used as both a drive-around company car for the school and a display at fairs

for what could be done by their students. A full book of "before, after, and during" photos

and finished in BLACK to see if there were any imperfections. Not to portray myself as

any kind of hero, just to encourage you with what CAN, SHOULD, AND MUST be done.

As one of the guys suggested above, if you have agreed value insurance with Hagerty and

you insured her high enough, that is a great start, if not TOTAL coverage. But whether or

not, it's obviously the fault of the trailer owner, and HIS insuror should cover it first. I

would let Hagerty and his carrier duke it out to get you full coverage under a provision

called "subrogation." All this failing, I would have no reservation whatsoever about hauling

the case off into a court of law. My philosophy is simple: you were in no way at fault, so

there is no possible reason you should have to be out ONE PENNY for your misfortune. In

fact, if I were on the jury, you would be remunerated for inconvenience and distress, even

ABOVE the cost of the repairs/rebuild/restoration/whatever.

One of the nice aspects of being affiliated with Hagerty is that they have contacts all

over the country, maybe even the WORLD, with whom they can find and obtain even very

hard-to-find, obsolescent or obsolete parts. Another recommendation I want to make, is

to deal with a very reputable classic car restoration facility. In fact, under the circum-

stances, I wouldn't be a bit bashful or reluctant about taking her to the best one I could

find. I can say that, because I know #721 firsthand, upclose and personal, and there is

no legal reason whatsoever she should not be brought back (yes, restored) to her pre-

vious state.

And as another brother stated above, if Hagerty and your restoration shop can't find a part

or two that you need, there are several hundreds or thousands of sets of eyes and ears

right on this website that I would bet would WILLINGLY help you.

All Z Best,............................Kathy & Rick