IGNORED

HLS30-00721 will soon be razor blades.

d240zx2

Thanks, Carl. If you would, please update your registry to reflect the demise of HLS30-00721. I know he'd appreciate the obituary....

Frank

When people die doing something they loved - we all say; "well at least they died doing something they loved". There is no question in my mind that our 240Z's love carrying their original owners, at high speed in the left lane... Far better than being wiped out while sitting at a traffic light!! I'll list him with full honors as K.I.A. and with 42 years of service.

FWIW,

Carl B.

That picture of the strut bar is a testimonial to the forces endured in the collision(s). So glad to hear that you are ok. I know the frustration you must feel after all the work- believe me I know.

However, you WILL be driving one again.

Hi Frank,

Those pictures are disturbing for a fellow Z guy to see! I am amazed to hear that you only received minor injuries given the severity of the crash. Count your blessing to be writing this post!

My body shop does hot rods and has dealt with Haggerty before. He swears by them and feels they are the best when it comes to collector car insurance. His experience in the past was they approved repairs over the phone without sending an adjuster to the shop. Once the job was done they mailed a check to his shop promptly. So hopefully you are going to be treated well by Haggerty. Please keep us posted as I am also insured with Haggerty.

Good luck!

Edited by mgmoreau

Good to hear you are ok. What Im about to say may sound cold hearted, but IMHO this was a blessing that it happened as it did. If a heavy collision is unavoidable like ths one, it might as well be hard enough to total the car, yet soft enough to allow you to walk out of the ER in one piece. The alternatives are typically worse. You could have ended up with a car that would never be the same again after fixing it, and worse, a 3 month hospital stay.

Surely it's better to have avoided getting into accident altogether, but who knows:if you had sped up, you may have ended up arriving at an intersection 5 minutes later, just in time to get T-boned by a red light runner.

Edited by xs10shl

Tragic loss for a car guy! Freaky circumstances. Good the impact occurred as it did. 70's design technology puts us all at risk when we venture out, all of a sudden I'm feeling better about my cage-protected 240. Here's hoping there's another brilliant Z in your (very near) future!

Nasty crash, glad you are alright. Sounds like you were put into a situation I do not really think you could of got out of, if I understand the situation correctly a trailer came off a truck and left you with not many options. Might of been worse if you overreacted and or tried too hard to avoid the trailer, one of those things you will never really know but definitely could of been worse, far worse. You mentioned your ribs got bruised up, did you hit the steering wheel or was it just due to the seat belt? Curious as to what belts you had in the car and how you felt they performed. Your situation, and once again I am so sorry for your loss of the car and injuries, makes me rethink my choice in seat belts since I just have a lap belt at the moment and it would be wise of me to upgrade to something else.

I still say that if you are going to get another early car, you need to take the buy back optionon this one. There are thousands of dollars in used parts on that disfigured beauty you will need or want to transplant to the next car. You can call the new one Frankinstine and think of Ol' Yeller when you get behind the wheel.