IGNORED

S30 battery boiling over, need reg jumper

Quinn'Z

Just installed an internally reg alternator And I need to know how to by pass the old regulator. I will buy the"Dave guy"clip fix but I can't wait till it gets here a i'm stuck on the island and I start my nee job Monday. Any help would be really great. It's a rectangle, 5 wire connector. BW, W, WB, Y,B, GOING INTO regulator. Please please help. I'll literally be unemployed and homeless in a week if I done get this solved quick. Thanks

I'm still not Having any luck. When I hook up power to the S terminal the alt squeals a bit and my idle reduces, when I hook the white and yellow wires together nothing happens. Yesterday I connected the K to the battery and the wire started to melt. I guess the original wiring is done. Anyway to run new wiring and to what. I've been running just main neg and positive but I'm sure my time is limited and I leave for work at 7 am tomorrow. As luck has it my mothers car stranded me 60 miles from home cause her cars alternator went out. gremlins out to get me!

It's not really clear what you've tried. You hooked S to power, and connected the white and yellow wires, then K to battery. ??? Did you follow the directions in Post 3 (my Post 2 link was only good for later 280Zs)?

Squealing and idle reduction sounds like power generation. Why didn't you leave it like that?

OK, sorry. Right now, I have 12 volts at A and the battery terminal. I have a good ground at the alt and battery. The white wire is jumpered to the yellow wire and it has 12 volts all the time, key on and key off. The white/black wire is jumpered to the black and white wire and has no voltage ever. If I try and run a hot 12volt key on only wire to the WB wire it charges at 15volts and climbs to 17 when you rev the engine, causing the yellow wire to become a bit hot. Yellow going to to of T and WB go ing to the stem of the T connector. How that helps. I do apologize. I know cars and datsuns pretty well and i'm so frustrated with this ordeal. I have no internet sowith in 5 miles of my house and then i'm still stuck on my phone. Thanks for your patience,