IGNORED

my 280zx

bigmime4098

ok my zx has a lot or rust at the top of the windshield on the body all the way from the left side to the right side there r a few spots where it has rusted through how can i fix this and also how do i pull the chrome trim off the car to pull the windshield

Removing the trim from the upper and lower edges of the windshield is fairly easy; the vertical portions are less so.

To pop the upper SS trim, grab the trim near the center of the car, and pry it up-gently, but with some force. It's held on mainly by a few plastic clips, though there is certainly going to be a nice accumulation of crud in there acting as glue...and you may find some silicon (or other adhesive) as well. You will hear and feel it come loose, then it's just a matter of going from one side to the other. Once it's separated from the upper line of the car, you can wiggle it out from the vertical wings.

Same procedure for the bottom trim, just watch out for the wipers.

To remove the vertical trim, you'll need to open the doors, carefully remove the weatherstripping, and remove the screws on the A pillar. Once the screws are out, you'll be able to remove the vertical pieces.

I pulled this link (lot's of pictures) from a similar thread.

http://www.zcar.com/70-83_tech_discussion_forum/280zx_windshield_area_rust_repair_part1_lots_pics_898903.msg2713861.html#msg2713861

Edited by zbane
add link

thank u buddy that helped a lot i like the pics thats pretty much what mine looks like but all the way across the top but ill deff be putting that to good use thanks a lot now so u know where i can get a windshield for my car mine is cracked and when i go to take it out it will just crack the rest of the way

a quick search online found a place called windshieldstogo with replacements at $125. Before going the online route, I'd call around to the shops from Waynesville to Asheville... as well as checking the junkyards in the Asheville area.