IGNORED

[2012] What did you do to/with your S30 today?

Arne

This morning I took care of the truck like stick shift , cut 3 inches off and installed a nice vintage MOMO leather euro type shift knob, it seats nice on the boot and matches my vintage MOMO steering wheel and looks , feels, works fantaZtic.

Edited by 72 OJ

What did I do today, well, late yesterday. I finally got around to building aluminum roll-around frames for my jackstands. I need to have these so that I can move the car around to work on it and then roll it back out of the way so that I can park my truck back in the gararge.

post-24194-14150817489794_thumb.jpg

post-24194-14150817490474_thumb.jpg

I learned that a bad tachometer makes the car run like crap and makes some of the guages not work. Spent a while tracing wires, looking for a bad ground, etc. Swapped out tach and now have good oil pressure and cars idleing at 1100 rpm. Not bad for straight off one engine and onto another.

Brian

I installed a fuse panel and some relays behind the blower motor so I can clean up the wiring running to the radio, amp, fog lights, fuel pump. I put my windshield in today also, passenger side upper corner does not look like it is going to seal well, must of shifted over a bit or something when I was pulling from the inside. Corner trim pieces wont really stay in the grooves either, but owell I got a nice fuse panel installed and my radio is working so I will just turn it up and try to ignore the waves of water leaking into the cabin.

I got my 74 260Z out of the shop yesterday. I had a clutch master cylinder and slave cylinder installed. Also had the brakes bled. I took it out on its "maiden voyage" yesterday and it drove and performed pretty well. I am going to run a couple of tanks of gas through it then get the carbs adjusted. It has a one weird issue with the headlights. The headlights will only come on after the wipers are turned on. I can turn the wipers off and the headlights work fine. It also has a loud squeking sound in the right rear suspension. Oh yeah, and I gotta catch the mouse that has made a home in it !! Enjoying it and .... the project begins!!