IGNORED

[2012] What did you do to/with your S30 today?

Arne

Rather than let these threads go on forever as they do in some other forums, I thought I'd start new ones for separate generations for the New Year. Use these threads for short, Twitter-like posts, things that may not be worth their own thread.

This one is for the S30s. Enjoy, and let's keep each other involved!

Began the process of replacing battery cables & battery. I am switching battery to an Optima 35 (with the + and - post positions swapped from original). Bought 24K gold-plated terminal clamps, new 4 ga wiring. Soldered lugs on the cables where needed. Battery goes in today.

I cleaned up the garage, moved things around, and now my 240z has company in the garage. My wife claims that we've never had two cars in the garage at the same time. She may be right. Unfortunately, my daily driver has to live outside.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]50250[/ATTACH]

Looks like you have room for a lift in there, so you could have your DD inside under the Z, provided it is not a big truck :)

Began the process of replacing battery cables & battery. I am switching battery to an Optima 35 (with the + and - post positions swapped from original). Bought 24K gold-plated terminal clamps, new 4 ga wiring. Soldered lugs on the cables where needed. Battery goes in today.
After installing the battery, I discovered the hold-down bracket was too large. Grrr. Now I've got to cut it down and re-weld it for it to fit properly. Plus I have to elevate the battery so the firewall bracket screw will mate up with the hole.

Today was sunny and 30 degrees ,,,so it was a nice crispy day to do a couple of mods on ORANGINA, installed a 14'' MoMo four spoke leather vintage steering wheel and remove the rear bumper chrome guards .

Edited by 72 OJ