IGNORED

Molded Plastic Dash Covers

RomanLA

Yes. I purchased mine from MSA about 12 yrs ago. You do not have to remove the dash. At least with the one I purchased anyway. I did have to silicon it in place though. And it makes it a little more difficult on removing the gauges that come out thru the front of the dash. I believe I had to remove my cover so I could take out my tach if I remember correctly. Cheaper way to go to make your dash look good. Hope this helped.

Bob

Roman, the pics you posted are for the s30 cars, not the later s130 (280zx) cars, though I'm sure you know this already.

No, you don't have to remove the dash, just clean yours really well before installing. If possible, try to do the install on a warm/hot day, as the ambient heat will help you bend/mold the cover. Also, before installing with adhesive, be sure to do a couple test fittings.

My zx came with one installed, and it was done well enough that I didn't even notice for a couple months, until it warped above the instrument cluster.

I've got another quick question. It doesn't seem like anyone sells a full cover with the hole for the temperature sensor. My cracks stop at the top of the gauges, so I could do just the cap. I would think the full cover would look a lot better though.

Anyone know where to get a full cover with the sensor hole? If not, any opinions on the cap vs the full? I just got my heater and vents working, but I'm still working on the A/C. I'm not sure if it's going to matter if I have a temperature sensor or not! LOL

Here's a link to the ones I'm looking at...

http://www.blackdragonauto.com/features/z/ZDBC.htm

• 1 month later...