IGNORED

The great TEXAS Z Car (and foreign Car) rally - 2011

Zedyone_kenobi

Okay, I have established permission from the country airport manager to have our carshow on the ramp in front of the hotel.

We can work out the details, but in general, it is limited to 60 cars, which I am sure we will not get close to. There is no fee.

But it is contingent on if they are still using this airport as a forest fire fighting location. I will keep track of this up until the day of the car show.

Since this is Texas related..... Would anyone have set of these wheels they would either a) like to sell or b)trade for some 15" swastika wheels? post-21670-14150816230176_thumb.jpg The swastikas are in the process of being refurbished, I have two mostly done and they look pretty good.

Sorry for the hijack...

• 3 weeks later...

Okay, just an update... thought I would put some friendly reminders about what to bring to this...

I am stealing these ideas from this months issue of Classic Motorsports..

During a classic rally bring parts that make sense. Naturally you cannot bring every spare part you have, but certain things may come in handy. Oil and filter. A set of metric sockets and wrenches. Several rolls of paper towels. Duct Tape, yes I said it. Extra fuses, and some vacuum line. A can of fix a flat is useful in an emergency.

Also, car prep is key to these. Make sure all the parts of the car in good working order. Mostly the brakes and tires. Make sure the system is up to the task of some spirited driving and keep in mind that this is not a race, just a bunch of like minded folks who love cruising in their Z. WE can have a Z autocross or track day later if things work out.

I will try to bring a bunch of stuff in my support truck (either Uhaul or full sized pickup if I can borrow one). Jumper cables and the like will be very useful.

WE still have plenty of rooms available from what I can tell. I have not heard a peep from either the first Gen RX7 club NOR the Houston British car club. I may have to be more persistant.

Anyway, this is still happening and wanted to keep it up on the board to let others know that I have not forgotten about this. It is still moving forward!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I would love to be there but I have family and business obligations. Not to mention the car is not 100% road-worthy( I guess you have to have registration, insurance, and working brake lights..)

You guys have fun. I need to meet up with some of you guys here in the Houston area and get back in the car scene.

I've been talking with a long time friend, and if we can fit this into our work schedules, we may just pop in on this event. Being self employed, I know I can make it, but having driven cross country many times before, I don't think I want to go 1600+ miles (each way) without a capable co-pilot, considering my car is a 73, and hasn't been restored, just maintained.

First class would be a reliable source of cold Bud in the bottle, some good Tex-Mex and a bar tender that will be willing to tune into the Ravens-Browns game on the 4th. I aint hard to please. Still in the planing phase, we want to come out via I-40, and return across I-10 then up the blue ridge parkway, or I-95 if we have weather in the mountians. Should make for a nice 7 or 8 day road trip, with a cool place to law over in December. Gives me like 6 weeks to get things strait before going to the Head Shop convention in Vegas in Feb.LOL