IGNORED

The great TEXAS Z Car (and foreign Car) rally - 2011

Zedyone_kenobi

UPDATE:

I have contacted the events planner at the hanger hotel and have made the following decisions for better or worse. I tried to take into consideration the holiday times and the weather. I also took into consideration some great advice Zcurves gave me.

We have the weekend of DEC 3rd reserved with amended prices to give us a bit of a discount, room rates are now down to 159/night fri and sat which is not bad.:

The schedule looks like this:

FRIDAY Dec 2nd

Arrive at the hanger hotel sometime in the afternoon on Friday December 2nd.

Check in and get settled.

Have fun in Fredericksburg on your own or with friends, go explore some roads and have fun.

Meet for a dinner either at the hotel OR a designated restaurant (GROUP ACTIVITY)

Saturday Dec 3rd

Wake up at a leisurely time for breakfast (after all this is a vacation of sorts)

Assemble for an morning cruse at 10am (GROUP ACTIVITY)

Eat lunch after the cruise as a group or go your own separate ways for the remainder of the day.

Saturday evening, I want to have either an impromptu car show for those who want to participate, OR another cruise

Dinner at the hotel or in fredericksburg maybe hit up a local brewery.

Sunday Dec 4th

Sunday breakfast again at a leisurely time

Assemble for a nice shot on the flight line in front of the hotel and airplanes. I have to contact the airport manager about this, but it is not at all uncommon for them to accommodate. (GROUP ACTIVITY) so I am keeping my fingers crossed.

Break and say goodbyes and go home

I do not want to make too many group meetings or the daily schedule to rigorous. I am counting on most people being independent and doing their own thing. There is NO SHORTAGE of fun to be had in and around Frederickburg. For those who want to stay together with their Z friends, that is awesome too. But the point of this is to enjoy cars, friends, and relax. Not to have every moment planned and have us all jumping from one activity to another. I hope that approach is acceptable.

I only wanted ONE group activity a day, and the rest of the time you can spend just sleeping, seeing the sights, shopping, eating, driving, etc. Going off in groups or by yourself with your spouse or alone. Does not matter to me. This is a getaway for you.

I want to invite the first Gen RX7 club of houston and the british car club of houston if that is okay. They are a fun bunch of guys and love the classic import car hobby as much as we do.

also if you know of any folks with classic Porsches, they are more than welcome.

I do not expect a large turnout, but we may be surprised!

Anyway. If there is enough interest, I will get some decals made up and maybe some Tshirts.

Stay tuned. This is picking up momentum slowly.

Summary of who is a going to make it.

So right now, my list includes the following:

Zedyone

CW240Z

Ben's Z

d240zx2

Zcurves

steve91tt (you see I moved you up!)

Mike W (if he is not in Asia)

That is my bad. I have to reserve some rooms today. She will hold some rooms for me up to 10 if I give her my credit card. I will put the rooms under the name

Texas Classic Z car club

You can reserve a room under that name and get the reduced price.

Burl, give me a day to get the rooms reserved. I also have to talk to the airport manager to get us a photo day on the flightline.

Stay tuned!