IGNORED

The official "Post pictures of your wheels" thread

Ptero

Coop, they were on the 280 when I bought it back in 1990. At that time, the car had been sitting for about 5 years, so they are at least 26 years old - maybe more. I like the wheels a lot, but they have the stupid slotted lug holes that accept multiple bolt circles. I am afraid to use them on the 260 race car even though I need another set of 14x6 wheels for the track. Has anybody ever used wheels with this style hub on the track? I have never been able to verify if they were designed to use some sort of insert. There were "Unilug" wheels of the same era that used a washer with an offset hole, but these don't appear to use anything other than a regular shank style lugnut.

Jeff. Those could have been my old wheels but mine weren't slotted. They looked good with the gold trim and the yellow paint job. Sort of like a Ferrari. I found them to be a nuisance when I started to run them in ITS back in 1987, what with always removing them to bleed brakes, etc. So I switched to a proper lugged 14x7. I would never run the old shank type of wheels on the track. In fact, I once had a shank type of wheel modified with pressed inserts in order to use the beveled lug nuts. Nice.

Edited by coop
incomplete

We had one of the Vectors come loose last year mid-race. Luckily it didn't come off, but it did booger up the lug holes in the wheel. I hate shank-style wheels!!! They are a pain in the arse to get on and off quickly and the nuts are getting hard to find.

I got a line on a set of those 280Z on Enkei(?) 14x6 wheels and 215/60R14. They are on a project car that will not be using them since the car was rebodied to a GTO 250. I am sure they are for sale here in San Diego if anyone is interested...local deal and pick up of course. I will get some pictures of my wheels on here, Watanabe's 15x7s with medal center caps. Got a set of Centerlines, Turbines and recently restored a set of SSR Reverse Mesh 15X7s, I had the centers powder coated silver. They will be for sale.

• Mike featured this topic