IGNORED

How do you like the front of your Z?

Gav240z

what's your favorite look for the Z?  

261 members have voted

1. 1. what's your favorite look for the Z?

• Original Front Unmodified.
    • Front Spoiler of Some Form.
    • Gnose.

Out of all the aftermarket front spoilers out there, I liked the Kaminari air dam the best. It follows the lines of the Z car well especially with the headlight covers. Although the stock front looks great, I wanted a slightly more agressive look. Bumpers are fiberglass ( weight loss program ). here's a pic.

post-1087-14150792342787_thumb.jpg

Gav,

I've got to go with the generic spoiler choice. But I don't much care for the whole wrap around airdam. I love the BRE "Spook", though. I also like the small spoiler in the rear, with a set of panasports and the car covered in beautiful orange paint! Like this one...Louvers aren't bad either.

Nate

post-2476-14150792343972_thumb.jpg

Can I vote for more than one type?

I'm biased, as I own both a genuine factory-built ZG and a super-plain 1970 S30 Fairlady ( no spoilers, plain bumper with no rubber trim and a mesh grille ).

I think that the Factory made the best job with the early cars; either totally plain ( preferably with Factory headlamp covers ) or the REAL Fairlady ZG. Most of the aftermarket "G-Nose" kits that I have seen have been pretty poor representations of the real thing. Lots of people will be basing their opinions of the ZG on bad replicas that do not fit right. Thats a shame. Seeing a real one in the flesh might change their mind.............

I'm also a fan of the Factory-built race cars ( especially their attempts at improving airflow both before and after the debut of the ZG ). The Factory released a lot of these body parts to the public through their Sports Option parts lists in Japan. Its great to see ANY of these properly fitted to a good car.

So, in short, any of the EARLY Factory type front-end treatments are to my mind superior to the later aftermarket additions.

Usually, stuff like the KAMINARI spoilers seems to have been trying to make the car look younger than it really is................

Regards,

Alan T.

I like the looks of the G Nose because I like the long sleek look

of the older Jags.

I saw your reply, sjcurtis. Do you or anyone know where I can

but the G nose parts like you showed in that picture. MotorSport Auto offers a G Nose kit but it does not contain the individual original parts. It is a molded 2 piece arrangement.

Thanks

Max

Max, sorry cant help you with a supplier. I can say two diffrent sellers in Japan are offering the original multi part ZG nose on The Yahoo Auction site Japan as of date 12/27/2002 have a look there, maybe you Know someone that can translate and deal for you.

good luck with your quest

Steve:classic:

LOL At Least EricB does :-). http://www.classiczcars.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=284&papass=&sort=1&thecat=998 check out this photo in his gallery it has both a Gnose and front air spook very nice I've seen a few Japanese Z's with this arrangement. Alan if your reading where would you obtain such an attachment? I love the Mirrors on the Fenders/Wings/guards depending on where your from.

C'mon more votes for the GNose. :geek:

A guy in Canada is selling a fibreglass G-nose "kit" on eBay. Actually it is a one piece deal.

I'm not connected with the seller in any way, just mentioning it in case anyone is looking for something like this piece.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=6766&item=1876130223

PS: I like Airdams

Gavin,

The car in Eric`s photo looks like a genuine ZG to me ( a proper Factory fitment ) although it could be a very good replica. This means that the G-nose kit is a proper 5-piece item, and is well fitted. That alone makes it ten times better than a lot of the bad aftermarket stuff that you see knocking around.......... I reckon that`s what puts a lot of people off the ZG look ( they`ve never seen a real one in the flesh ). Incidentally, did you know that the "ZG" was designed by the same man who designed / styled the S30-series Z car - Mr Yoshihiko Matsuo?

This particular car in Eric`s photo is also wearing the "B" Type front airdam for the ZG ( the original item was available from Nissan as a Sports Option part ). However, it looks a bit odd as the car is not wearing the extra wide "B" Type Overfender kit that went with the front spoiler. These wrapped under much more at the front and joined up the the spoiler.

When the "B" Type Front spoiler, super-wide "B" Type Overfenders and big three-piece rear spoiler were used in conjunction with the G-nose in Japan, the whole kit was nicknamed the "Full Works" kit. This is because the final versions of the 240ZR Factory race cars usually used these parts as a base for their own mods. These were available from mid-1973 onwards.

I just helped a friend here in the UK obtain a full ZG and "B" Type Full Works body kit for a car he is building ( its a replica of the 1975 / 1976 Le Mans 24 Hour race car ). He said he was pleasantly surprised at the cost - but shipping was pretty expensive. If you are SERIOUS, I could put you in touch with the suppliers - but they don`t like giving price quotes that include shipping costs unless you are pretty much set on buying the kit from them. This is because shipping costs are different for each territory. They also recommend shipping by AIR, as the volume is usually not enough to make it worth sending by SEA. This particular company is quite shy of dealing with non-Japanese customers / enquiries. They told me that they had some bad experiences in the past of customers ordering body parts and then baulking at the cost of Freight / Duty / Handling charges at the point of entry to their country. In the end, they had to receive the parts back in Japan ( it cost them a lot ). Anyone ordering parts from Japan needs to remember that it will cost fair bit in Import Taxes and Duties on top of the Freight and parts costs.

Don`t forget that you would need to obtain the different hood hinges for the ZG ( which aint cheap! ) and then the headlamp covers ( which aint cheap! ) and then cut the rear wheelarches ( which aint for the faint-hearted! ). Added to this, the cost of REALLY wide wheels and tyres to fill those mega wide arches.

Have a look at my Gallery pics for the full "B" Type kits fitted to cars in Japan ( one of them is the Real Thing ). I love this look, but I also love the pure clean lines of the "standard" cars too. I want both!

Gavin, send me a PM if you want more info on a ballpark price for the parts from Japan. I`m afraid the Exchange Rate for $AUS to Japanese Yen will be pretty painful though.

All the best,

Alan T.