IGNORED

[2011] What did you do to/with your S30 today?

Arne

Rather than let these threads go on forever as they do in some other forums, I thought I'd start new ones for separate generations for the New Year. Use these threads for short, Twitter-like posts, things that may not be worth their own thread.

This one is for the S30s. Enjoy, and let's keep each other involved!

Edited by Arne

I installed a fuel pump cut switch to eliminate the battery drain issue caused by the ZXP alternator upgrade plug on 1973 cars. See link...

http://www.classiczcars.com/forums/showthread.php? t=39259

I just cut the yellow wire leading to the fuel pump solenoid and rerouted the plug side to a hidden switch which is connected to fused ignition power.

post-20531-14150813222385_thumb.jpg

I left the mechanical pump in place and plan to only use the electric when it's necessary due to under hood heat. I won't use it much at all but its nice to know it's there if I ever need it.:)

Went for about a 45 minuted drive today with a buddy. Let him drive her on highway 92 to Half Moon Bay and back to highway 280 via Crystal Springs Resivoir road. Fun!

No rain, but the roads were still very wet. I have to wash her and clean-up the suspension and under-chassis areas to get rid of the salty rain water residue.

So, one of my Z goals this year was to enter my Z or Z's in car shows that are not specifically Z, or Datsun shows. So I entered my '70 and '71 (pre-'72 cars only allowed) in the 24th annual Vista Burger Run. There were over 500 cars there. I had the only 2 Z's in the show. There were also about 10 other English and German cars at the show, otherwise it was all US cars.

Got a nice response from a number of the visitors and collectors. The comment I kept hearing over and over from people was that "the Z was the best car they ever had and they never should have sold it.":ermm:

Love the AMX's and Pantera's. Doing my best to try and increase the exposure of the Z.:bunny:

post-19125-14150813306569_thumb.jpg

post-19125-1415081330727_thumb.jpg

post-19125-14150813307859_thumb.jpg

post-19125-14150813308454_thumb.jpg

post-19125-14150813333327_thumb.jpg

post-19125-14150813334153_thumb.jpg

post-19125-14150813334744_thumb.jpg

Edited by motorman7
spelling

I hooked a battery charger up to my Z and measured the exhaust pipe to verify that it really is 2 1/2 inch pipe. Then I ordered a glass pack muffler and band clamps from Summit Racing so I can splice in my own "resonator" to cut down on the drone at highway speeds.

Other than that, there isn't much I am willing to do with the car on the ice, snow, and salt encrusted streets around here. ;-(