IGNORED

The 260 is painted !!

torker

My son is home from AIT for Christmas and we got his Z painted.:)

We spent about 6 days at a friends shop and spent about $250. It is just black enamel. We did some custom metalwork. I added 3 rows to the grill and plates for led blinkers. We welded plates over the old blinker holes and bumper recess. Did the same for the rear bumper recess. Also welded in four patch panels, bottom of both front fenders and front of rear wheel wells. Shortened the rear bumper. And filled the vents on the rear cowl. Whew !!

We also replaced the door and hatch weatherstrip so we had to loosen the latches a little. It turned out pretty well for a couple newbe bodymen. I have done a little over the years but this is the first time I have painted one myself.

We had lots of help from my sons friends and the friend of mine who's shop we used. We leave Sat. for it's biggest roadtrip yet. Back to Sierra Vista Az.

I replaced all the brake/fuel and coolant lines and repacked the front bearings. Tightened every nut underneath and greased every zerk. Installed the header and had new 2 1/2 inch exhaust installed. I also replaced a lot of front and rear susp. bushings. And added a relay for the headlights and electronic flasher for the blinkers. All in all a really good start I think.

P1090383.jpg

P1090370.jpg

I thank your son for his service. I was in the National Guard for 6 years, but that has been awhile ago! I started as a track vehicle mechanic, but then joined the 43rd Army Band.

Anyway, great looking car! Great to see another DIY'er giving a Z a new lease on life! I've got 3 240Z's. One is done, one is almost done (stock '71) and the 3rd is a '73 with a LT-1/T-56 swap (in progress)...

I thank your son for his service. I was in the National Guard for 6 years, but that has been awhile ago! I started as a track vehicle mechanic, but then joined the 43rd Army Band.

Anyway, great looking car! Great to see another DIY'er giving a Z a new lease on life! I've got 3 240Z's. One is done, one is almost done (stock '71) and the 3rd is a '73 with a LT-1/T-56 swap (in progress)...

I will. My son would like to do a v-8 swap but that will have to wait till he has his own place. An LT1 T56 would be pretty awesome.

Hard to see the quality in pics, but it looks great. Nice job.

Thanks, It does have its sins but it turned out ok. This car really needs to have all the glass and wiring pulled. I added relays and cleaned things up so lights are working better.

I think my son is going to enjoy it. I keep telling him he's going to have girls hanging out of cars yelling at him. :)

Edited by torker

P1090373.jpg

P1090387.jpg

Here you can see where I loosened the door latch for the new weatherstrip. And the one fogged spot on the bottom of the door, I hope it can be wetsanded and polished. There are a couple small runs too. She's gonna look awesome at 60 mph. :);)P1090377.jpgzpaint.jpg

Edited by torker