IGNORED

S13 coil overs

ovenfood

hey ive been doing work on some S130's (yes i know that its not a C110 but the fronts are the same between the two) and i just thought anyone who wants coil overs in the front may want to have a look at this thread i am doing in the S130 section,

http://www.classiczcars.com/forums/showthread.php?p=343274#post343274

the hybridz S130 guys seem to be more active in asking questions so there is a little more info on the hybridz thread,

http://forums.hybridz.org/index.php/topic/95443-j-rex-from-team-shogun-s130-with-s13-coil-overs/

i am still learning so if there is anyone who would like to have some input its most welcome :>

hey ive been doing work on some S130's (yes i know that its not a C110 but the fronts are the same between the two) >

Are you sure, my 240K shocks don't bolt to the axle like that,

Nigel

edit: just noticed you are talking about S13s and s130's my bad..

Edited by Noddle
foot in mouth........

none of those parts are used for the conversion so im not sure what difference it makes

Maybe I'm missing something,

I'm showing that the shock / coil-over would not fit on the 240K stub / axle, or do you change the whole thing from a S130 ?

Nigel

I think you would need to change the LCA to get a S13 strut into a C110, maybe a S130 LCA would fit into a C110 and have the different end to connect up to the S13 strut. Not sure to be honest but if it was really that easy I think the rally boys would have done it before and since they haven't. . . . . . . .

ok so i went out and took pictures of some datsuns in my yard as i didnt have time to find any more or go to where i keep my hard top, i know they are poor pictures and its dark and the C110 is missing its caster/tension rod but here they are.

1974 C110 4door

Photo012.jpg

Photo011.jpg

1983 S130 2+2

Photo015.jpg

Photo017.jpg

1978 200B GL

Photo018.jpg

Photo019.jpg

so not the best way of showing it but from the datsun nuts i talk to and my own experience this mod should work the same way for all of these :>

and i believe that the best way to do it would be with s13 LCA's but this way is less modification for now

The guy I brought my coupe off, said he put 200B struts from his rally car on it (which I removed), I wonder if they are the same part between the 3 cars.

also, the S130 2+2 looks like it's got a thicker sway bar, I assume they are not the same shape ?, or are they very similar ?

Nigel

Iam looking for lowering coil-overs for the kgc110

so for the front I can use the 280zx ones

and how about the rear coil-overs ?

well if you have 280zx struts and brakes and all that it should be fine to use but if you are going that way just buy lowered springs from king springs keeps you from modification and finding bits and pieces. :) also the C110 does not have coil over shock type suspension so without modifying like mr convertible did you again are restricted to king springs and they are nice and cheap good quality springs :)t