IGNORED

Any Ideas?

I recently fitted S14 lower control arms to the vert to get more front end track and when I lowered the car down the passenger side sat lower than the drivers side. The same struts and springs were used and it sat fine before I changed the lca's.

Any ideas what may be the cause of it sitting unlevel? the lca's were undamaged factory items. I pushed the ball joints in my self so I know they were in right

Could camber change the height level this much?.

See how it sits lower in the pic, just under 1 inch lower than the other side.

datto010.jpg

Some more photos

datto008.jpg

datto004.jpg

you can see in this pic that the lower side has a lot of camber, I haven't bought adjustable strut tops yet to fix it up, they're on the list.

datto007.jpg

cool pics....good to see it coming along.......only thing I can think of is that it's binding on either the front swaybar or one of the steering arms, not letting it colapse all the way.....everything else shouldn't affect it........just for the record I still run standard arms with adjustable camber tops ....seems to work fine...saving up for adjustable caster arms from jdm, I'm a little out...

preload.

did you tighten the lca's with the car in the air?

put it up on some car ramps and loosen the lca bolts, the rubber in the bush could be being held in shear(acting like a torsion bar).when they are loosened "bounce" the front end a little to let it settle, tighten and remeasure.

Thanks for the prompt response guys, it all makes sense now, I did tighten the lca's in the air so that must be the problem. Thanks Disco Bob ;)

It's nearly on the road . . . honestly I know I've said that heaps but for sure this time.

I was at the engineers today and all he has asked me to fix before approval is a bonnet scoop, rear tyres sticking outside of the arches :classic: sleeve or roller for handbrake cable so it doesn't foul on tail shaft and finalise track and rim measurements so he can write a report.

It was all to easy for what is likely one of the most modified Skylines in the world to get approved for rego. I will most likely fail the sound test though :disappoin

Rego will be before Christmas if not I'm really lazy and should be abused accordingly.

I had a super noisy little polo that used to get pulled over a lot for being too loud. If you can get yourself an exhaust control valve that can be hidden in the exhaust itself and the control in the cabin hidden you shoyld be set. Just don't.drive around with it shut, your car will hate you.

S14 and S13 are the same length (i think) the S15 ones are the longer ones.

I've been told adding a cross over pipe between the exhausts will quieten it down a bit, the problem I have is that my whole exhaust is one piece which needs the steering column removed before it will come out so I can't add any washers or restrictors without a lot of work.

I could buy one of the mufflers that have the valve but they are big $$ and are all shiny, I'm after the black exhaust look, not some polished beetroot can on the end of a 1 inch pipe.

I'll give it a go the way it is and restrict how much it can be floored for the test and go from there. Worse case I have to add another muffler, oh well.

Nononono not the mufflers with the valves, we had one of them on a Subaru, they are a bit gaudy and big and chrome - the little flap thing in the exhaust is what i'm on about, you pull the string in the cabin and hey presto, your car is quiet :D

Apexi make them, best invention ever, you could also cut a section out the size of a muffler and keep the pipe, then weld the bugger back in once it's passed?

This one is priced quite steeply, i only paid $100 for mine brand new.

http://justjap.com/store/product.php?productid=17599

Quick Fix. Weld a washer into the pipe where one of the joints are. Ore place a restricter plate between exaust flanges. Try not to put these too close to the engine. But it works.

Yeah, I done this to mine as I only have a resonator and no muffler. Made an alloy flange and drilled a heap of holes in it then it bolts in between the rear flanges of the exhaust, but, it was still to loud so I made a couple of silencers (like most milo tins come with) one for each tail pipe, they work a treat and are removable.