IGNORED

HELP 280z won't start

catorres_78

just replaced the fuel pump on my 76 280z...it started with no problem before and not working now. I checked to see if pump is working and it sure is working as I unpluged the hose at the filter it was pumping gas. I think it's an elertical problem, but I'm not sure where to start.

Think this through: Why would a fuel pump replacement result in an ELECTRICAL problem afterward? It just doesn't make sense. Especially since you point out the pump IS working properly.

Are you sure you did NOT do anything else? Even as simple as changing fuses, re-connecting wires that seemed to go together or even adjusting timing etc.

If you are sure that you did NOT do anything else, post back and people will take a stab at it.

FWIW

E

What kind of pump are we talking about? What year is your Z?

Errr..

just replaced the fuel pump on my 76 280z...it started with no problem before and not working now. I checked to see if pump is working and it sure is working as I unpluged the hose at the filter it was pumping gas. I think it's an elertical problem, but I'm not sure where to start.