IGNORED

What is youir favorite driving music-if you don't see it, post it!

hls30.com

What is your Favorite Driving Music? Post what I missed  

60 members have voted

1. 1. What is your Favorite Driving Music? Post what I missed

• I can't Drive 55
    • Slow Ride
    • Little Duece Coupe
    • Drive
    • My little GTO (for Stephen)
    • Rockin Into The Night
    • Black Magic Woman
    • Lovin, Touchin, Squeezin
    • Who Wouldn't Wanna Be Me
    • Old Time Rock and Roll
    • Jungle Love
    • Radar Love
    • Magic Carpet Ride
    • Life in the Fast Lane
    • Foreplay/Longtime

The best music is the sound of a great exhaust system. If I have the radio on - Donna Summer's - I Feel Love. There is one by Booker T and the MG's I like to drive to also, but cannot remember the name (must be old age - blame everything on it)

Donna Summer :rolleyes:

Actually Donna Summer and Karen Carpenter are two secret addictions LOL.

Booker T, Steve Cropper, Donald Dunn, Al Johnson...maybe Green Onions or Time Is Tight?

Just about any oldies...Mitch Ryder & the Detroit Wheels for sure.

I love music much more than cars so I have a pretty big collection of mp3's. Got eclectic tastes. Going from as far back as Chopin to as new as Queens of the Stone Age.

I'm just starting to put together a list of my favorite songs from 1970 to 1974 that I plan to burn onto a CD for when I drive the Z.

Moody Blues, Santana, Led Zepplin, Steppinwolf, Elton John. Youngbloods, Guess Who, Shocking Blue, etc. About 100 songs in all.

It's actually 'Little GTO' not 'My Little GTO' but in my mind that song has nothing to do with my car but rather the so called 'real' GTOs that were built in the 60s/early 70s. Here's what I said in 2007 when we did a similar thread. Nothing has really changed for me except my age and now I use a USB drive with an 8 GB SD card with I don't know how many songs on it:

Listen to what you like, as long as you enjoy it that's all that matters. I'm 57 years old and have a music degree. That said, I doubt that my tastes would match up with a lot of what I've read so far. Can't deal with Hip-Hop/Rap. It's just not my generation. I do like music from the late 60s through the 80s and it becomes somewhat sporadic after that. I like jazz from the 50s-70s for the reason that was mentioned above:
I just like the raw feeling of the music w/o being distracted by lyrics.

But I also love lyrics. There are musicians out there that are absolute poets and that sometimes gets lost in the music. I can't pin it down by saying I like any one particular kind of music. I like virtually everything that Hrududu listed and some of what others listed except WingZro. Sorry, bro. I'm just from a different generation. I never listen to radio stations when I drive, except when I drive my wife's car with her in it. All my car music is either on mp3 cd's or in an mp3 player.

Edited by sblake01

I've got every one on your list, Will, except "Who Wouldn't Wanna Be Me" :rolleyes: plus 900 others. You'll find only real, classic ROCK music in my collection. :) Alice Cooper to KISS to ZZTop...

BTW, I sent Mike a copy of my original "Z Music" disc that we worked on a few years ago.

Edited by TomoHawk

Yesterday, it was Pink Floyd's Great Gig In The Sky from Darkside of the Moon.

Tomorrow it will be something else. Maybe Kid Rock.

I do like the sound system in my 240Z. (Alpine CDE-103BT, Alpine SPS-500 speakers and a Bazooka sub). It wasn't expensive, but it is well integrated and it cranks.

My engine and exhaust note!:)

I think this is the best answer so far - especially for me since I have no radio or other sound system in my car and haven't for many years (I have gauges where the radio used to be).

Back when I had a sterio in the car (an 8-track LOL) my favorites were "Born to be Wild" by Steppenwolf, "American Pie" by Don McLean, and "Brandy (You're a Fine Girl)" by the Looking Glass.

Born to be Wild was played on a certain section of road that had lots of braking and low-speed turns then accelerations down a couple of long straights. American Pie was about 4 1/2 minutes long and was played on a certain twisty where you had to really hustle to cover that section in the length of the song. Brandy was the number one song just a few weeks before I bought my car - I thought it was a "cool tune" and named the car after the song...

Back when I had a sterio in the car (an 8-track LOL) my favorites were "Born to be Wild" by Steppenwolf, "American Pie" by Don McLean, and "Brandy (You're a Fine Girl)" by the Looking Glass.

All three of these are on my first-pick "favorites" list. Especially "Brandy" by The Looking Glass.