IGNORED

Pay it forward!!!

Marty Rogan

We need a PAY IT FORWARD thread. With tough economic times and the Holidays fast approaching, a lot of people could use a break or a hand out.

How does it work? Really simple...Clean out your garage with a part that you thought about selling, but considering its relative worth it's just better to simply offer a "freebie" to someone that could really use the component. The basic rules are as follows:

1. You're offering the item for free.

2. Recipient should be willing to pay for shipping, but the offering party can volunteer to cover that if they choose.

3. Recipient pledges to "Pay it forward" at some point in the future with another item for another Classic Z-Car enthusiast.

4. Don't abuse the privilege. Only take something if you really will use it (No Parts Hoarding!!) It's an honor system.

5. Services may also be offered up...indicate City, State.

In the end, we help each other out and feel good at the same time.

Let's see how well this goes. We will collectively get out of it what we put into it.

I will get this started on the right foot. I'm offering up the following parts just for the cost of shipping.

- 240Z Driver's door mirror. Good driver quality, with gasket and nuts. GONE

- Pair door handles. Few pits and scratches, but work well. GONE

- '70 - '71 Ash tray. Cleanly cracked in half, easily glued. Gret if your driver doesn't have one. -GONE.

- Hand Brake cover. A couple of tiny cuts but very good overall condition. GONE

- '70-71 Shifter to tunnel grommet. New!!

- Pair spindle pins. Removed with a puller. Thread are good, only needs minor clean up. GONE.

- Disk Brake pads - Set of stock Beck Arnley front brake pads. Looks like they were used for a couple hundred miles. Lots of life left in them.

- Stock coils. They would work fine on a driver.

- '83 fan and fan clutch. clutch feels good.

- '83 thermastat housing

- '83 Pulley

- '70 Water Pump pulley cover. Great core to send in for re-plating.

- '70-71 Fan clutch. Not pretty but worked well when removed.

- Left side headlight cover. Good condition, with gasket.

- $ Energy Suspension bump stops. - New!!

- '70 - 71 Tool covers. A couple of cracks, but very serviceable for a driver that has them missing.

Have at it!!

Marty

post-874-14150809075674_thumb.jpg

post-874-1415080907597_thumb.jpg

post-874-1415080907619_thumb.jpg

post-874-14150809076417_thumb.jpg

post-874-14150809076647_thumb.jpg

post-874-14150809076868_thumb.jpg

post-874-14150809077094_thumb.jpg

Edited by Marty Rogan
  • Like 1

Great idea, Marty!

I have several spare parts and some I no longer have a use for after downsizing my Z collection, but these are the only ones I could locate at the moment (they’re free – just pay shipping*):

240Z Dome Light Assembly w/Lens
– came out of a 73 model; don’t know if it works; lens has yellowed and deteriorated, but there’s no breakage; metal frame holding lens on has
no
rust

240Z Dome Light Lens
– this fits the assembly above; it’s in great shape (no yellowing or signs of deterioration), but does have several small surface scratches which aren’t that noticeable if you keep it clean, as dirt imbeds in the scratches

240Z Analog Clock
– Jeco brand; came out of a 73 model; # 3062J on back; don’t know if it works

My other parts are in my storage unit and it won't be anytime soon that I will be able to go through it and sort through things. So, that's all I have to offer for now.

*I reserve the right to deny my free parts based on a member’s join date, post count, or negative feedback. Shipping charges must be paid in advance.

Edited by Z Babe

I have a set of front brake pads, I beleive they are ceramic, brand new in a box. I bought a set of cross drilled rotors last summer and they came with them. I decided to do the Toyota caliper upgrade rendering the pads useless, to me at least.

Free to a good home, p.m. me.

My off-work brain power has been occupied on the Bolder Tint deal and a house project recently. Both are wrapping up shortly. I also think this is a great idea, and will be looking through my left-overs to see what I can offer.

Great idea. Though I never really though of it this way, this is pretty much what I've been doing for the last 6 years or so. Trading parts, giving away parts for postage or even free including postage. The only time I sell parts is when I have too much in them to give them away. I'll look around and see what I can come up with.

I like the idae, but i'm not sure people wan't to pay for international shipping.

From the top of my head, i can't even remember what i have to spare, what about a -72 dash with only minor crack's, i'm not going to use it after i got a crack free.

d240zx2, dibs on the mirror, if it is the door mounted one.

Chris

post-14427-14150809079741_thumb.jpg

Presently refreshing "ol'red70". Doing electrical, suspension bushings, both M/c's, rebuilding diff and trans, replacing rotors/ finned brake drums, etc,etc. All parts that were on the car are in a serviceable condition. I'm not going to use all the new stuff that I've been gathering over the years for the next restoration. That's not going to happen as we're on the road travelling. One zed is just right.

Up for grabs today is a "longtail fuse" box for a 4/70 240z. Good useable condition. It is being replaced with a NIB one. Cover postage & it's yours.

• Like 1

We need a PAY IT FORWARD thread. With tough economic times and the Holidays fast approaching, a lot of people could use a break or a hand out.

How does it work? Really simple...Clean out your garage with a part that you thought about selling, but considering its relative worth it's just better to simply offer a "freebie" to someone that could really use the component. The basic rules are as follows:

1. You're offering the item for free.

2. Recipient should be willing to pay for shipping, but the offering party can volunteer to cover that if they choose.

3. Recipient pledges to "Pay it forward" at some point in the future with another item for another Classic Z-Car enthusiast.

4. Don't abuse the privilege. Only take something if you really will use it (No Parts Hoarding!!) It's an honor system.

5. Services may also be offered up...indicate City, State.

In the end, we help each other out and feel good at the same time.

Let's see how well this goes. We will collectively get out of it what we put into it.

I will get this started on the right foot. I'm offering up the following parts just for the cost of shipping.

- 240Z Driver's door mirror. Good driver quality, with gasket and nuts.

- Pair door handles. Few pits and scratches, but work well.

- '70 - '71 Ash tray. Cleanly cracked in half, easily glued. Gret if your driver doesn't have one.

- Hand Brake cover. A couple of tiny cuts but very good overall condition.

- '70-71 Shifter to tunnel grommet. New!!

- Pair spindle pins. Removed with a puller. Thread ar good, only needs minor clean up.

- Disk Brake pads - Set of stock Beck Arnley front brake pads. Looks like they were used for a couple hundred miles. Lots of life left in them.

- Stock coils. They would work fine on a driver.

- '83 fan and fan clutch. clutch feels good.

- '83 thermastat housing

- '83 Pulley

- '70 Water Pump pulley cover. Great core to send in for re-plating.

- '70-71 Fan clutch. Not pretty but worked well when removed.

- Left side headlight cover. Good condition, with gasket.

- $ Energy Suspension bump stops. - New!!

- '70 - 71 Tool covers. A couple of cracks, but very serviceable for a driver that has them missing.

Have at it!!

Marty

Ash tray gifted!