IGNORED

R-T diff mount Group Buy

Zs-ondabrain

This Group Buy is for the Over the diff mount currently known as the "R/T Mount" That is typically sold on HybridZ.org by a great member named RoostMonkey. I've chosen to make and sell the Mount, not for a profit of any real amount, but as a secondary option to those who cannot find him, or wait for him to build them and ship them.

I asked him about patents and such and got this for an answer....

"No, I dont have a patent. Actually I used Ron Tyler's basic design ( hence the name " RT mount" ) with his permission and added my own little details to make what I feel is a slightly cleaner product. Theres nothing to stop someone from doing the same. If your thinking of making these, do us all a favor and make them better ( if possible ).Dont just copy this design. I only do this to help you guys out and to put a little cash in the Z fund."

So In Honor of Ron Tyler and his original design, I will keep the R/T Mount name on the product, to make sure the originator gets his due respect and recognition. So here we go.........

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This Group Buy is for the R/T Mount for the S30 Zcars.

Here's a link to some great info on the R/T Mount.. http://www.classiczcars.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35995

The mount is a 3/16" mild steel mount that bolts to the body of the S30, using the 4 bolt holes that the "Diff Strap" normally uses.

Normally, the stock or upgraded diff of the S30 (R180, R200 & LSD) is mounted to the car using the stock crossmember and a rubber/steel mount. The Nissan mount has been well known for failing under heavy stress, age or Horsepower, by means of the rubber seperating from the steel of the OEM mount. When this happens, the Diff typically makes a Loud and very apparent "THUD" against the driveline tunnel, scaring or irritating the driver and leaving only the Mustache bar to hold the diff in place. Not very safe at all.

The R/T mount will allow the use of a GM Transmission Poly Urethane Mount and also lower the front of the diff by about 1" which is typically better for those who use the Tranny's bolted to an LS1, SR20DET, RB25, 26 and 30 DET and DETT's as well the Borg/Warner T5 and T56 trannies.

The R/T mount, sold by me, will be $60 and shipping inside the Continental US is included in the $60 price.

The Mount sold at HybridZ is $55 or $62 w/ PayPal. I don't work for a Metal Fab business so I don't get the opportunity of an in-house price. I will make barely anything on this project as I will be paying much more for the same mount and covering the price of shipping, fuel and packaging/stuffing, using the $60 payment.

So as per RoostMonkey's suggestion and my own personal experience, I will be IMPROVING the mount. The fuel lines have to be raised on almost all S30's by about 1/2". The NEW Design will include a modification to the mount to account for this small issue. 2 more bends will be added to the design, giving the mount a 3/4"w X 1"deep indent on the upper right hand side of the mount, to allow the fuel lines to remain in their stock location, without alteration or modification of their original position.

YOU WILL NEED TO ORDER A GM TRANS MOUNT FROM JEGS FOR $21+S/H and drill out the mounting holes a little bit to allow the large diff bolts to pass thru it **Pics Below** It is a "Fail Safe Mount" so even if the Urethane rips or seperates, the mount will NOT fail.

It has also been pointed out by a few members that a bump stop can used instead of the GM mount. This will allow the use of the stock mount and a bump stop mounted on the R/T mount, to essentially "Sandwich" the diff. This will eliminate both up and down movement of the diff.

Now the down side...... I do NOT have a PayPal Account I can only accept Cash, USPS Postal Money Orders or WalMart Money Orders Made out to David W. Irwin. Send your Payment with your order stating.........

Your Name

Return Address (clearly printed or typed)

Quantity

Mail your order to me at........

David W. Irwin

6421 105th St. NE

Marysville, WA. 98270

You can PM or Email me your request but money and an order in my hand, is what will get you your mount.

Todays date is Nov 10, 2009. I'm told that I will possibly be able to start shipping orders by next Wednesday, the 18th. Or maybe even sooner if possible. I'm ordering a batch of 50 in hopes of taking care of everyone at the general moment. I'll be on a net 30 so if you said you WANT one, and change your mind, it'll come out of my pocket. So please be kind to this somewhat broke individual and don't tell me you want one, then say, maybe? or next month. At a measily price of $60, you'll get a quality product that will bolt into your S30, improve the mounting of your stock diff, allow you to "up" your HP without worry of a torn mount.

I think I've covered everything. So feel free to start sending me your orders and payment and I will start shipping them out hopefully as soon as the 18th.

post-4921-14150808944184_thumb.jpg

post-4921-14150808944626_thumb.jpg

post-4921-14150808945056_thumb.jpg

post-4921-14150808945498_thumb.jpg

post-4921-14150808945944_thumb.jpg

post-4921-14150808946394_thumb.jpg

post-4921-14150808946796_thumb.jpg

Edited by Zs-ondabrain
rewrite in proper form

I'll take 3......Guy
I'm looking for one for my 71Z...Haven't heard a response from him in over a week on the Hybrid thread.

Well, that's a start. The more orders I get, the cheaper I can sell them for.

At 20, I can sell them for $60 w/ 2-3 day shipping in the US.

At 30, I can sell them for $55 w/ 2-3 day shipping in the US. Not 5 to 7 days like Roostmonkey does.

Anyone else? I know I need a second one for my own Z. (My 240Z)

Should I start a thread?

Dave

Edited by Zs-ondabrain

Well, that's a start. The more orders I get, the cheaper I can sell them for.

At 20, I can sell them for $60 w/ 2-3 day shipping in the US.

At 30, I can sell them for $55 w/ 2-3 day shipping in the US. Not 5 to 7 days like Roostmonkey does.

Anyone else? I know I need a second one for my own Z. (My 240Z)

Should I start a thread?

Yeah, should probably move this into the Group Buy forum.

So by my count,

I want........... (1)

ConchZ.......... (1)

vercingetorix... (1)

Motorman7..... (1)

Diseazd.......... (3)

SteveE.......... (1)

Zedyone_kenobi (1)

Z_Tyler_Z.......(1)

That's 10. 20 more and ya'll save $5. Or 10 more and we're good for an order of 20. Half way there in less than 6 hours. I figure another day or 2 and we'll have enough.

ARNE,

I don't wanna make it "Official" unless it's a sure thing. So if all of a sudden, orders start coming in via posts on this thread, then YES, move it to the group buy area. But lets see where this goes.

Dave

Assuming it will fit my early 260, I'll take one also!

It will but you'll have to remove that exhaust hanger that is spot welded to the body, just above the drivers side, strap bolt holes. You'll also have to push your fuel lines upward, about an inch or so, after you remove the floating line clamp that sits above the passenger side, strap bolt holes.

Dave

post-4921-14150808932924_thumb.jpg

post-4921-14150808933377_thumb.jpg

I've thought about it. And the GM mount actually needs to have it's mounting holes widened a little to clear the girth of the large diff mount bolts. The GM mount is only $22 at Jegs.

If I do a 40 order with the GM mounts, I'd be into it for about $2000. so I would need some definate orders before considering a large order like that.

If I charge $30 for the GM Poly mount, I would also enlarge the holes before shipping everything out. I figure the easier it is, the better it sells, kinda like the upgrades for the 240Z's. Plus it takes an aproval committee for MSA to commit to buying anything other than a test run quantity.

Plus, so as to not infringe on a name-sake. I'm thinking "ZS Mount" or Z/S30 Diff Mount"

Dave

Edited by Zs-ondabrain