IGNORED

Need to raise the rear end a little

81 ZXT

My 81 ZX sits too low in the rear. I installed new front struts and rear shocks. The front end lifted nicely but the back is too low. When you are looking at it there is no gap between the wheel well and the tire. Could my springs be worn out and if so where to buy? Car has 158K miles and I just dont think the coil springs could be worn out but that is the only thing that holds the body off of the rear axle. Any suggestions?

My 81 ZX sits too low in the rear. I installed new front struts and rear shocks. The front end lifted nicely but the back is too low. When you are looking at it there is no gap between the wheel well and the tire. Could my springs be worn out and if so where to buy? Car has 158K miles and I just dont think the coil springs could be worn out but that is the only thing that holds the body off of the rear axle. Any suggestions?

I believe that insulatiors(at the top of the springs) are available from MSA for that.

If not you need a set of new springs.

Esprist

www.jdm-car-parts.com

Well Stephen you were right again. Installed the new springs last night and it raised the back end by about 3 inches (looks good). Also stiffened the ride back there. I didn't realize how spongy it was until it wasn't anymore.