IGNORED

E-tek RACING '71 Parts Car Resto

e-tek

Hey guys,

Long time lurker and Z fan. Have owned them for 30 years. Mrs. E-tek raced one in Vancouver for a while. This one we've had for 15 years and is about to get the full monty. I restore cars as a hobby and usually keep them1.

Thanks for looking!

CHINA090.jpg

CHINA098.jpg

005.jpg

Worst Parts.....

011.jpg

008.jpg

Question posed in PM - thought I'd answer for all....

nice photos on your website. Who's the girl by the Z. Very nice. Ben

That would be Mrs. E-tek! Those are some PR out-takes we used for our sposnsors. When we met she was into F1 and street racing in a big way and wanted to learn to race professionally. She took a road-racing course and I "built" her that car (fully race-prepped 71 Z). It was sponsored by a variety of big name but mostly local sposnsors. Fun years. We sold it just a few years back to another racer, who campaigns it in central Canada.

Cheers!

• 5 weeks later...

Here where the work will go! The second photo is of a patch I did several years ago, with the car on wheels in my driveway. I'll be redoing the right way now!

Nov7Xmas022.jpg

Nov7Xmas023.jpg

Nov7Xmas025.jpg

Nov7Xmas026.jpg

After looking at buying, then making a rotisserie, I'll be building and using one like this ingenious set-up:

TipJig-1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Got the rest of it stripped and stored. Pulled the rubber factory sound deadener off the passenger floor and found a completely rusted out floor.

Does anyone repop floors and sheet metal for the Zeds?