IGNORED

NLA - Vent Hose 17238-E4602

DMC-Z

I'm on the prowl to find vent hose 17238-E4602, the large diameter horseshoe shaped hose, less than 2 feet long which runs from expansion tank to fitting on filler neck. I've called Nissan (US and Canada), Motorsport Auto, Black Dragon and the rest of the top Z retailers in the country without any luck.

Does any one have any suggestions where I might be able to find this part? Or does anyone have a new hose laying around their stash of parts they would be willing to part with?

Any insight or recommendations are appreciated.

Don

Have you thought of using plain old Fuel Rated hose?

Or possibly going to the parts store with your old one in hand and asking them for their best match.

SportZ Magazine put out an article on replacing these hoses with generic fuel rated hose. You might check their archives, or the other articles that have been offered here.

FWIW

E

Thanks for the responses, I suspect I'll have to go the route of the generic fuel hose. Can anyone tell me the inner diameter of the hose? My car is not on site so I can just pull the old hose off and head to an auto parts store. Thanks in advance.

I'm on the prowl to find vent hose 17238-E4602, the large diameter horseshoe shaped hose, less than 2 feet long which runs from expansion tank to fitting on filler neck. I've called Nissan (US and Canada), Motorsport Auto, Black Dragon and the rest of the top Z retailers in the country without any luck.

Does any one have any suggestions where I might be able to find this part? Or does anyone have a new hose laying around their stash of parts they would be willing to part with?

Any insight or recommendations are appreciated.

Don

17236-E4601 I can still get 6 NOS ones from Japan at $155 each at your cost. (Nissan retail price from years ago was 13,800 Yen (about$145)'My cost is about 125 plus shipping)  I can have them in a week or two. Deposit required for this one.

Esprist

www.jdm-car-parts.com

Scarab155 - thanks for the tip, but that's the wrong vent hose. The hoses posted on ebay are still available from Nissan. The one I need runs between the filler tube and the vapor tank.

Esprist - same thing, wrong vent hose. I need 17238-E4602, not 17236-E4601

According to both Nissan USA and Nissan Canada they aren't even available in Japan. I'm hoping to find someone who has a brand new one stashed in their basement.

Just go to Napa and buy some fuel/gasoline rated 5/8'' hose.

I made a 180*adapter out of 1/2 copper fittings from the hardware store. That was 7+ years ago when I removed the evap tank and all the related hoses. Information is available if you do a search you will find it.

Gary

According to the info in jrdemers article, copper reacts to the sulfur in gasoline. I'm not sure how but it never sounded like a good idea to me. I hope it doesn't turn out to be an issue for you in the future Gary. I always hate having to re-do things a second time.

Gary must mean brass rather than copper. Brass must be okay for fuel use as I've seen it used as parts in many oem carbs. The copper stuff I recall from my days of working at ACE hardware was too large for fuel line usage and has to be soldered together.