Mylar logo'd sunshades - Completed

Arne

Here's the final count:  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Here's the final count:

• [b]240-Z[/b]
    • [b]280-Z[/b]
    • [b]DATSUN[/b]

I'm still crunching numbers, trying to figure out a way to make it happen. I'm almost certain that we're going to have to write off the 280-Z possibility, so I'll be contacting the few 280-Z requesters to see whether they want to move to DATSUN or opt out. If we can get close I might be able to cover a few of the unsold ones myself (most likely DATSUN) to continue to sell off over time. Another option to help with that effort would be to add a buck or two to the unit price to help cover the excess. So I haven't quite given up yet, and am still scheming...

• 2 weeks later...

At the risk of doing something I will soon regret, I'm going to proceed with the Bolder Tint project. Here are the final details.

Minimum order is 60 tints. We currently have about 40 spoken for. Based on that, plus the hope that I will be able to sell off the excess in a reasonable time, I'm willing to put up the rest of the money to get the order built. I hope I'm not making a several hundred dollar mistake...

In an effort to simplify bookkeeping, I have decided to average out the freight costs and do all orders to the USA at a fixed price of $35 each. (You Canadian buyers, I will be contacting you shortly with your special details.) No quantity discounts, sorry. My plan is this - now is the time to send your check or money order. But please note!! If you pay by money order, please keep the receipt, as I won't cash any until I get payments for close to 40 units. At that point, I will personally pay the difference to get the order of 60 made. But if we don't get the 40 or so paid for in a reasonable amount of time, I will return all checks and money orders.

I'd really like to have those 40 paid for by Oct. 20 or so to make this happen. I don't want to let this hang out indefinitely. So prompt payment is going to be a key to making it work.

Please print out and include the order form linked here, which also has my address on it. It will help me with keeping track of the whole deal.

http://1971.240z.home.comcast.net/temp/CZCC-BT-USA.pdf

I have emailed and PM'd the interested Canadians, also.

Canadian prices will be US$42 each, and the Canadian order form is at:

http://1971.240z.home.comcast.net/temp/CZCC-BT-Canada.pdf

I should also note, I don't think I'm going to be able to get away with declaring these as gifts, due to the large number that I will be mailing. I'm afraid I'll need to declare them at a value of $32US per unit. I don't know what that will do to you folks as far as duties and tax. I will attempt to ship multiples in as few packages as possible, on the assumption that any handling fee that they charge you for collecting the duties will only be charged once.

edit: Here is why. A shot of my old Z

ballanc-R1-E002.jpg

This is from a car show c. 1975

Yup, I can't wait. This will be the last period accessory that I think I want for my car. And it's been the hardest to find. I'm still hopeful that it'll happen.