IGNORED

Suspesion similarities

I was just wondering what the similarities were with the 240Z/260Z/280Z and the 510 suspension. Will the 280Z lower control arms, tension rods etc. fit the 240k? Would the rear brake conversion for a Datsun 510 work for a 240K? What suspension parts off of these cars would fit? does anyone know?

you got to be jokeing. no one knows anything?

well, so far I found out that the rear lower control arms from a 510 will fit a GC111/240K. Also, if the front 280Z and DR30 struts will fit the 240k/GC111 then the lower control arms have to be the same. I guess I just answered my own question. BUt I am still not sure about the tension rods. CAN ANYONE HELP!?

If the 510 rear arms fit, do the springs, shocks and other parts interchange?

Since I'm in the states, if the 510 suspensions are the same, it will make getting parts much easier.

I don't know about the struts or tension rods. The previous owner of my car convered to 280z struts with coil overs, but there is not much adjustment on this system and I only have about an inch availble for suspension travel. I think the 280z struts might be longer. All the front end suspension parts are stock Nissan/Datsun on my car. I know some people on here have gone completely custom.

My car is a '77 GC111, but I have found that all GC111, GC110 and 240K have the same suspensions. I think GC10 stuff might interchange as well from looking around the internet.

Chris

Wow, good to see that car in Cali. I'm from Pasadena, but I'm stationed over here in Tokyo. I found this website:http://sp-tec.com/

looks like the rear 510 lower control arms will fit. What have you done to your ride? R200,R32 brakes, master vac, etc.

I've got another 8 months before I head back to the states. GC10 struts will fit too.

• 3 months later...

Nice Link Tyrone,

Certainly an interesting way to setup an adjustable height spring in the rear :)

A Lot of the Datsun 1600/510 guys use the C110 rear arms as they are supposedly stronger.

The rear brake upgrades that the 510 guys do, in theory should work on the C110 too (ie. the DR30/maxima caliper plate).. i say in theory as i never actually completed it.. but i am 90% sure it would have

Would love to know the answer on the TC rods too.. atleast C110 specific TC rods can be found in japan (unlike anywhere else!)

i have heard of people using 240k rear arms in 1600 rally cars. they have bigger bearing housings and a reinforcing plate over the axle. i have just completed an R31 rear disc conversion in my 240k using hardware from a datsport 1600/P510 kit. it works but the hole in the caliper mounting plate must be heaps bigger. Handbrake cables had to have the cable shortened and the sheath lengthened. the 7/8 master struggled a bit with hilux 4 pots as well as R31 rears and was replaced with 15/16 ZX job. oh and P510 tension rods wont fit, wrong shape i have used 200B tension rods which are a bit shorter.

Hey guys, nice to see some other C110 owners in the states! I have a similar question, the idler arm bushing in my 73 240k is done. It looks like the 510 and 240z have different idler arms. Do you guys know of any other Datsun model in the states that may have the same one?

Edited by circuitlife86
spelling

Kent,

If you give do call, can you post the results here. I have been looking all over the globe for either bushings or a complete arm. I even called up a distributer in Australia myself. No luck, they said the arm was no longer manufactured. The one they did list was incorrectly marked for the 240K.

See this thread for the saga I went through;

http://www.classiczcars.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31008

Right now planning to go the bearing/bushing/sleeve route. Or a completly custom arm, but that's big $$$$.

Circuitlife, good luck in the search. I was thinking about calling these guys, as they might have a parts source directly from Japan.

www.righthanddrivejapan.com

I think you'er in the same business (if you'er the guy with the classic skyline shop in Salt Lake), so if you can't get parts, I don't know who can.

Chris

Edited by ctcurnes

• 1 year later...

I know this is an old post but since it was already there & does cover part of my quesiton I'll just add to it.

Im thinking about running 280z front struts on my c110. However I wanted to confirm since the original post was in 2009 has anyone been able to confirm if any of the z struts work with the c110? or are they too long as stated above?

Next has anyone attempted to use S13 coilovers on a c110? Its my understanding they work on c10 but not certain about a c110.

Any and all feedback is greatly appriciated.