IGNORED

mainshaft nut source

preith

Sorry if this has been covered already but I didn't have much luck with a search. I seem to remember posts elsewhere which stated the mainshaft nuts were NLA from Nissan. Is this true, and if so, is there another source for them? If not, can anyone provide a Nissasn p/n? My particular app will be for a F4W71B, I believe it threads the opposite of the later model trans, but in which direction is unknown.

I don't know how easy it is to do, but you might see if you can check if the same part got a different number in later transmissions. The ball bearing at the end of the 280ZX R200 diff is NLA, but the same exact part for a Z31 is still available.

Or you could reuse the old nut. They have so many problems backing off I was planning on reusing mine and spot welding it on.

Or cut the nut in half and double nut it instead of staking.

I don't know how easy it is to do, but you might see if you can check if the same part got a different number in later transmissions.

Or you could reuse the old nut. They have so many problems backing off I was planning on reusing mine and spot welding it on.

Or cut the nut in half and double nut it instead of staking.

Thanks. Yeah the newer p/n sounds intriguing but from what I understand Nissan went to opposite threads on all of the later B boxes anyway, which would lead me to believe it's a dead end.

I was considering reusing the old one and spot welding it too. On one of my "professionally" rebuilt transmissions it appears he reused the original and double staked it of sorts, it held up very well.

Double nutting is a good idea too, maybe go that route with a spot weld on the nuts rather than molesting the mainshaft.

• 5 years later...

resurrecting old topic - same problem - need source for RH mainshaft nut for 5-speed

·  32354-E9804   ·  Part: NUT HEX   ·  Replaces: 32354-E9800, 32354-E9802 

NISSANPARTSZONE and COURTESY AND parstfornissan  all say - This part is no longer available

anybody know where to find 'em ????????????

Z specialties also unable to deliver - issued a refund 1-13-2015

any more ideas ??????????

thanks for the link

ordered

- $50 PLUS $26 shipping  = $75 for one RH nut

(if they really do have it)

old cars are not easy to fix anymore

- stand by for updates

Expensive, but available - http://www.datsunstore.com/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=mainshaft&osCsid=d9dd0c23dff1ed0b33ecc8b135da3d0c&x=0&y=0

Lefty cheapy, righty spendy.  Seems backward, but may be because of what jmortensen says in Post #6.