IGNORED

Diagram or Schematic for 1971 240Z ?

RolfSis

Is there a link which shows exactly what the 1971 Datsun 240Z has under the hood, inside under the dash and so on? I'm amazed at how tough it is to find any such diagrams or schematic on the technical/mechanical guts of this classic. Thanks lots.

Those are from a Clymer's manual. I posted those some years back.

The wiring diagram however, is incorrect for her car as a 71. It doesn't show the Accessory Relay nor the Rear Window Defog Grid.

Don't recall if Ata's vehicle is an Automatic or not, but that's another difference in the schematic that's not illustrated.

I've attached a slightly better diagram for a 71. It should be noted that almost ALL of the diagrams have some oddity/ommission that needs to be considered.

FWIW

E

post-1490-14150804841708_thumb.jpg

I did some quick searching through the tech articles, because I distinctly remember uploading one, but no luck in finding it. I've searched with me as the author and using "wiring" and "diagram" and have too many results to try to pinpoint quickly.

I uploaded the first one I could find that I knew had both the Acc Relay and the Rear Window grid.

Take note however, that you often have to refer to two or three different diagrams for the early cars before you can say ... Ah... so that's how it's wired. Take a look at many of the diagrams where the Acc Relay is shown, and see if it doesn't show a second "blower" or some other anomalie.

Still looking

E

Thank you also, E.

Ours is a 4-speed stick ... It's a 240Z but my brother had the Z-Doctor (or maybe it was the dealer, not sure) replace it with a 260 engine some 10,000 miles ago. I was getting guidance from Arne in another space here on how to troubleshoot our Wiper Motor issue since the wipers quit on us about the time we chipped out the tar mat to inspect the floor, which was the impetus for requesting these schematics/diagrams. We had no clue what what what, we're novices who love the Z. ":0) But we sure do tip our hats to this crew!!! Man, oh man, what an excellent site; people here know their stuff ... again .... brilliant!

I printed each of the thumbnails and the PDF file; and they're excellent references that I'm sure my brother and hubby will also appreciate this weekend (if it doesn't rain) and we can troubleshoot some more.

I had a bit of a problem printing the PDF file for reasons unknown, it just printed one enlarged segment of the PDF linked/file, so I used the print-screen function when on screen, opened WORD, pasted there and modified so I could print the whole thing. When/if they get into the guts of the wiper motor problem before we sell it, I've still got the on-screen PDF to enlarge and zero in on the key points. If it turns out we sell it before we restore the functionality of wipers, it'll be an excellent addition along with maintenance records to give the new owner/buyer.

Thank you sooooo much; I'm almost wishing I were able to do all this myself! I'm definitely intrigued. ":0)

Asta, in out off-forum communication you asked for clarification on the locations of some of the wiring connectors for the wipers. The diagrams that Dave posted should do most of it for you, but in regards to the firewall connector, I'm attaching a picture from my former yellow '71 when the engine was out. The wiper motor connector is indicated with the red arrow.

Rather than e-mail you directly, I figured I'd post here, where it may be of use to others as well.

post-8596-1415080484796_thumb.jpg