IGNORED

Want to get rid of emmission control system.

Todd_S

What's you goal or reason for removing the emmissions equipment? You should probably consider that your engine might run worse without those parts. Otherwise, you'll need to figure out how to retune the engine properly with the parts off.

FFT...

This is exactly my question too...precisely what do I need to do to remove my smog gear on a 2/71? All that useless weight, with a frozen air pump and a dirty, rusty, "holey" balance tube... for what? How will removing all that junk affect my tuning- which is almost flawless now? I'd love to get one of ZTherapy's tubes, but I don't want to throw my Z into a tizzy randomly pulling "stuff" off. ROFL

Unless you leave a hole open for a leak I doubt you'll notice any difference. This is one of those things that has been done thousands of times with no ill effects. Any "run quality" issues can be addressed by dialing in the carbs. The condiition of ones carbs? That's another issue.............

I have one of the Ztherapy balance tubes on my '70. Runs great and looks really clean, glad I installed it, took some of the varibles away when it came time to tune... fewer varibles increases your chance of successl and less headaches down the road.

Best regards,