IGNORED

My 1970 240Z!

ToXIc

well after months of searching i finally for myself a 240z and not just a regular 240z a 1970 model made in March with Vin# 02062. Best of all it was practically in my back yard only 40 mins drive. I love the condition although it sat outside with the window half open for the last 2 years the only things i need to replace are the floor pans.....

the body is extremely straight the doors close and latch completely, hood lines up perfectly. I dont really wanna post up a big novel so here's the pics.....

Picture037.jpg

Picture005.jpg

Picture006.jpg

Picture007.jpg

Picture014.jpg

Picture017.jpg

more pics @

http://s183.photobucket.com/albums/x293/khosein/240z/1st%20day/

• Like 1

....however, my baby came off the assembly line 64 cars after yours (s/n HLS3002126)
I doesn't really work that way as we've discussed in other threads. The number my be 64 later than his but they didn't necessarily produce them in sequential order.

yeah i'm like a school girl... excited as hell

Congrats Kevan! I as well have a 1970 manufactured in March....however, my baby came off the assembly line 64 cars after yours (s/n HLS3002126). It's a small Z-world isn't it?

Tom

thats awesome.....

the red looks good....

Keep us posted to what you are upto. There are many of us who have/are rebuilding these "diamonds in the rough". They take time, so don't worry if it takes a while. Remember to do it once, do it right!

That red is a Porsche colour called Guards Red. Mine is that colour too. If there was ever a none stock red to paint a zed, this is it.

woo-hoo!, another Z saved!

Enjoy the restoration, it's a blast. Don't forget to bag and tag everything.

^

ditto

Yeah, it's great to see another Z car saved from the smelter! We don't need no more stinking toasters! :D

Not only bag and tag, but take some pictures of the part in place and keep a little journal numerically keyed to the part too. I've used a Sharpie and a small tag made from duct tape- it resists wear and aging better than paper labels. (Used to use Polaroid pix, but they stopped making the film a year or so ago- how time flies!) This way you always know the proper orientation or the part, but you also have tons of pix to show us!

I love following along with projects. Best of luck!!! Any idea of a color yet???

Edited by Poindexter

Yes, congrats as well! It doesnt look too bad all in all, were you able to get for the less than the $1500 he originally wanted? Looks like alot of work ahead, probably not much more than I plan on doing to mine (my body looks alot better) but I spent alot more and it isnt a lower vin '70 either.

Unlike some others in your previous post, I did not think that $1500 was all that bad. If you are able to do all/most of the work yourself and you are a smart shopper, you can save alot. If your plans are for a decent driver vs. a show car, it will still cost alot but not the $15K stated in the previous post. Personally, I would cringe spending $7500 on paint, I'd never want to take it out of the garage.

Keep us posted on the restore.

woo-hoo!, another Z saved!

Enjoy the restoration, it's a blast. Don't forget to bag and tag everything.

yeah my buddy warned me about this also... he stressed it very much.

Keep us posted to what you are upto. There are many of us who have/are rebuilding these "diamonds in the rough". They take time, so don't worry if it takes a while. Remember to do it once, do it right!

That red is a Porsche colour called Guards Red. Mine is that colour too. If there was ever a none stock red to paint a zed, this is it.

my view as well....

^

ditto

Yeah, it's great to see another Z car saved from the smelter! We don't need no more stinking toasters! :D

Not only bag and tag, but take some pictures of the part in place and keep a little journal numerically keyed to the part too. I've used a Sharpie and a small tag made from duct tape- it resists wear and aging better than paper labels. (Used to use Polaroid pix, but they stopped making the film a year or so ago- how time flies!) This way you always know the proper orientation or the part, but you also have tons of pix to show us!

I love following along with projects. Best of luck!!! Any idea of a color yet???

there are soo many possibilities not sure yet... but i'm thinking about about Nissan KH3 (black obsidian) with carbon fiber accents eg.. CF back light pannel, CF hood and possibly CF ZG flares

Yes, congrats as well! It doesnt look too bad all in all, were you able to get for the less than the $1500 he originally wanted? Looks like alot of work ahead, probably not much more than I plan on doing to mine (my body looks alot better) but I spent alot more and it isnt a lower vin '70 either.

Unlike some others in your previous post, I did not think that $1500 was all that bad. If you are able to do all/most of the work yourself and you are a smart shopper, you can save alot. If your plans are for a decent driver vs. a show car, it will still cost alot but not the $15K stated in the previous post. Personally, I would cringe spending $7500 on paint, I'd never want to take it out of the garage.

Keep us posted on the restore.

he wouldnt budge.. i offered $1300.00 but he didnt go for it...

thanks for all the compliments... guys...