IGNORED

How far ahead do you make plans to enter a car show?

hls30.com

How far in advance do you plan to enter/attend a car show  

17 members have voted

1. 1. How far in advance do you plan to enter/attend a car show

• 1) As soon as I find out about a National show.
    • 2) As soon I find out about a Local show.
    • 3) As soon as I clear it with my family. (fill in estimated time below)
    • 4) As soon as I can clear it with work/school.(fill in estimated time below)
    • 5) I wait to see who else is going.(fill in estimated time below)
    • 6) I hunt down more info and deside.(fill in estimated time below)
    • 7) I figure out how long it will take to get my car ready(sunroofs can't be filled in in a day!).
    • 8) 1 week
    • 9) 2 weeks
    • 10) 3 weeks
    • 11) 4 weeks
    • 12) 5 weeks
    • 13) 6 weeks
    • 14) More than 6 weeks
    • 15) Last minute-I would rather not say I was going and then not be able to.

How far in advance do you make plans to enter a car show?

With Canby just over, the ZCCA national Convention on the horizon, and a local(to me) car show following shortly behind it, I wondered how far in advance most car people made their plans for entering/attending a show.

Use your most recent or current experience! Please note the diefferences between attending and entering...

Will

My Z's not done yet, so not displying at Z shows.

Before I sold my MGA, I would display it at the Palo Alto British Car meet. I'd register as soon as I got the invite. Never "competed" though, just put her on display. Most of the winners had almost as much money in their paint job as I had invested in the whole car... Will probably do the same with my Z.

This weekend I plan to attend the Hillsbourgh Concours de Elegance. Lot's of very cool, expensive classic cars.

post-15388-14150803626327_thumb.jpg

That's basically the story with my cars. I go to the shows more for the comraderie than the competition. I think my cars are 'nice' but that doesn't win shows. There are a lot of 'nice' Zs and nobody really cares one way or another for the 810. It's no Skyline! I do, however, have four first place plaques for the truck.

I agree with the above. Like Stephen, I consider my car to be a nice survivor, not a show-quality car. I'm more likely to wait until I hear who else might be going before firming my plans totally. I go to visit with friends and see other people's cars, not for any need to display mine. But I will display my car, because other people might want to see mine, just like I want to see theirs.

• 10 months later...

I go to many shows as a group with the club. Those are usually annual shows, and some are local ones set up by the club. Otherwise, I usualy get the show flyers about a month in advance, then just tidy up the car (it's usually ready to go) and grab a jug of drinking water, stuff the tub in the front seat, and I'm off. It takes a while to be "set up" for car shows, but after you organize your gear, you can just load up the car the night before and take off (for local shows) straight away after a quick breakfast, or grab a McDonald's thing on the way. :)

I made the decision in September that I would set a goal of displaying the car at the West Coast Nationals in April (basically last week...). Had no plans to compete, just display. I attached pictures of the car in September and at the show. Came in 3rd in my class!! Of about 12 cars ROFL But I achieved my goal! ;)

post-18081-14150806944895_thumb.jpg

post-18081-1415080694518_thumb.jpg