IGNORED

What kind of graphics fit a Z best

hls30.com

What Graphics fit the Z best  

67 members have voted

1. 1. What Graphics fit the Z best

• 1) F*****y colors and emblems-stock is best!
    • Symetrical Stripes Front to back
    • Asymetrical Stripes Front to back
    • BRE racing trim-without sponsor additions
    • Bob Sharp racing trim without sponsor additions
    • Big Sam racing trim without sponsor additions
    • period Rivet on body side molding
    • Stick on side molding
    • WHeel well trims
    • Flares
    • Murals on the hood/doors
    • A confederate(or any other) flag on the roof.
    • The Ramsey-as many colors as possible with some rust
    • Old #27-as mch rust as possible with some other colors
    • PINSTRIPES!

http://www.classiczcars.com/forums/showpost.php?p=254807&postcount=13

While the car in the pictures there was overdone, by using too many colors and subtle graduations, the general paint theme -- without all the stripe shading -- can look very good.

The main problem, to my eyes, is that that painter got ... carried away with their own concept. It's easy to do. The subtle fogged in stripes that repeat other themes or bodylines or mods (window louvers, indents in rear spoilers, triple Maverick side lamps, double hood "bump" striping) when done in moderation can lend and actually highlight body lines, mods and lend subtlety to otherwise bold changes.

When the effect is as this car was done, it's like watching a 13 year old girl's first attempt at putting on "adult" style make up. Too much lipstick, in too dark a shade, with overly dark eye shadow and rouge and mascara to make a clown laugh.... This car would have been better done if the painter had stepped back 20 feet and seen that it was starting to get way too busy.

Then again, there are folks that want it busy and bold.

2¢

E

post-1490-14150803320823_thumb.jpg

Symmetrical, BRE or Sharp, and/or pinstripes.

I think racing stripes work very well with the contours of the Z, and I do like period correct racing trim (but only on cars set up to back that heritage: racing trim won't make it go faster), but on a monotone car, pinstripes can accentuate the curves very well.

"Graphics? We don' need no stinking graphics!"

I love the BRE-look for a track 240Z. And even for a street-driven 510 the BRE-look and bubble flares is too cool.

But for a street 240Z, I personally prefer them pretty much sans graphics. Maybe a set of side period correct side stripes, that's all.

But that's just me. I like the clean and classic look as originally designed. Doesn't mean I think that other opinions are wrong, they're just not mine.

The car is so simple. Soimpe lines. Simple features inside & out. It is overkill to do anything more than large blocks of color following the bodylines.

In a way, the rear window defroster lines seems to be too complicated for the car. Fortunately, you don't spend time focussing on them.