IGNORED

Mpg....

That's exactly what my car gets when I only drive in stop and go traffic and I'm heavy on the thottle and accelerate hard. Highway is about 20 because it's nears 4000 rpm with the 4 speed. You can also do simple things like checking your tire pressure.

Gas mileage is relative to the weight of your right foot. The lighter the foot, the higher the numbers.

Around town, stop sign to stoplight, I get about 12. :(On the road, it's over 20, and that's with triple Mikuni's suckin' air @ 70+mph. :D

If your Z is your get-to-work car, you need to insure all systems are working and adjusted properly, of course. If your Z is a toy, as is mine, then mileage numbers are not necessarily irrelevant, but less important than otherwise would be the case.

Regards,

Frank

Prior to the 10% ethanol change, I was getting 20-22 in town, and 30 on the highway. In-town seems to have dropped since the gas change, haven't done any road trips to check since then.

Just traveled on a 2400 mile round trip (MSA) Filled up 8 times and kept her around 2800-rpm (80-MPH average) and got about 26-MPG (about 365 miles per tank)

Now this obviously has to be estimated because I don't run the tank completely dry and have a pretty good idea of how many more miles I can get from the remainder of the tank, before filling her up again. And not knowing when the next decently priced gas station would be on the trip, and had to refill before she hit (E).

Around town, if I keep my foot off the firewall, which is harder than it sounds, I'd have to say about 20'ish.

Oh ya, Stock L24, Stock 73' E-88 head, triple 40DCOE Webers on a Cannon Long manifold, stage 2 cam, 6 into1 header, Mallory Unilite dist. and MSD 6A with Mallory ProMaster coil.

And local gas prices are at $3.60 a gallon

The timing of this thread is great, as I have just done my first MPG test with my 240.

My exhaust smells very strongly of fuel, and I just replaced my leaking fuel pump so I figured it was about time. I've found that I get about 12-13 mpg. My driving is both city and highway split about 40/60 and I'd say my driving style is "spirited."

Until this thread, I thought that was pretty bad, but I guess it's okay. I do need to lean out the mixture I think.

BTW, gas up here is now $3.80/gallon regular.

Definately porportional to the weight of your right foot, I am getting similar numbers (taking into account the gallon unit). I know I could do better, but due to the fact that it is a toy, I sometimes can't help hammering the s--t out of it and consequently have to accept the higher fuel consumption.

It is cheaper for me to drive my 5.4 (327 cu"?) litre F150 (18" wheels, HD rear end for towing) most of the time.

BTW fuel here is $1.35 a litre. Not much sympathy for 3.80 a gallon.

BTW fuel here is $1.35 a litre.

3.785411 Litres per gallon(U.S)

1.00 USD = 1.02022 CAD

$1.35 CAD / litre * 3.785411 = $5.11 CAD / Gallon (U.S.)

$5.11 CAD = $5.00631 USD

$5.01 USD / Gallon = OUCH!!!

I filled up my truck on Tuesday at $1.19.3 CDN, today it is at $1.25.9 CDN. In Newfoundland gas prices are always at the upper end of the scale it seems. It's just part of the price you pay for living in that beautiful far corner of the planet.