IGNORED

Removing Air Tubes From Manifold ?

Oiluj

When the CHP pulls you over for a roadside emissions compliance check LOOKING STOCK becomes a VERY good thing!

Kinda off topic, but, what is the year limit on emissions in California? In Washington, if your Basic Vehicle (passenger cars, truck, vans, SUV - under 8501 LBS) is 25 years old or older, you're Exempt from the emissions check.

Just wondering, in case we ever move to SoCal or something.

Dave.

I cut, folded and bronzed my 78' 510 tubes (L20B) I was in a hurry and very inexperienced at the time.

Just wondering, in case we ever move to SoCal or something.
No smog tests in Oregon if you are outside the Portland metro area, and not in Jackson County (Medford/Ashland). The rest of the state is free of such things.

In California, (from the DMV web page), model year 1975 and older for vehicles less than 14K pounds.

Oh, don't get me started on that policy. I have been waiting 7 years for 1976 model years to be exempt. (they discontinued the 30+ year rolling exemption 3 months before my 76 would have been exempt - barstards!!!:tapemouth)

• 2 weeks later...
Oiluj, Do you happen to have the McMaster part number. I've been digging around on their web site and all I find is BSPT taps and dies, no bolts.

McMaster-Carr p/n 4810T192 1/4" BSPT Hex Head Plug, 304 S. Steel - $2.10 ea

or if you prefer

McMaster-Carr p/n 4810T182 1/4" BSPT Square Head Plug, 304 S. Steel - $2.22 ea

If you go to the McMaster-Carr website, type in the p/n in the upper box for the catalog page with pictures.

So, is the consensus stock manifold?

The PO of my 76 L28 had cut the tubes off at the nut and filled with epoxy. I've got an extra manifold that I'm grinding off the nuts and will braze the hole from the port side. and will replace the current manifold.

Is this a reasonable approach?

• 11 months later...