IGNORED

Some Scarab pics

nwa240z

Hey everybody, haven't been around here in a while. Here are some pics of Scarab #154. I completed the suspension rebuild back in the spring. I also located and restored an original set of Scarab valve covers and ran across an original unused radiator. All the brakes received attention too. I rebuilt the original front 4 piston FIA calipers with a NOS seal kit, one piston had to be replaced due to pitting that could not be polished out.

Please PM me with any questions you may have.

Enjoy!!!

Reason suspension needed rebuilding...

100_2415.jpg

Suspension before:

100_2452.jpg

Suspension parts soaking in EZ off.

100_2441.jpg

After:

100_2856.jpg

Valve covers before and after:

100_3087.jpg

Close up

100_3079.jpg

Exhaust cleaned up

100_2750.jpg

Exhaust coated with POR-15 HIGH HEAT BLACK. Great stuff!!!

100_2758.jpg

Midwest Zfest Omaha, NE Track Mid America Motorplex

white240z-2.jpg

white240z-6.jpg

What is EZ off, and is it safe to use on any 240Z?

EZ off oven cleaner. If it can clean tough baked on food it'll clean off grease and grime, just use chem glove or similar rubber gloves, it's nasty stuff. I also like laquer thinner for wiping down surfaces just before you paint them, it gets any remaining dirt, grease and grime off your parts.

• 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Here is more info per a member request.

The cars suspension is full poly kit (Energy Suspension) with front LCA spacers to correct geometry. Tokico springs and adjustable Illumina struts. The ride is reasonablly stiff. On a recent drive around the freeways around Tulsa, it was not a pleasant experience because the roads around there are really rough. On better maintained roads the cars ride is very predictable and stable. At higher speed the car settles into its grove and loves to run fast, very fast.

HSDE are blast if I don't split hoses and throw belts (my bad).:ermm:

The car is lowered via the Tokico springs. The front tires do not rub. Tire size is 225-50-16. Rears are 225-50-16. They do rub due to this being a series one car which placed the wheel in the more forward position in the wheel well. This was a known issue and Datsun changed the rear end configuration in 1973. To eliminate or lessen the rubbing issue I took a grinder and shaved the inner fender to the spot welds then gently massaged the inner fender with a hammer with out distorting the metal. Although this helped it did not eliminate the problem. I am going to attack the issue again after I resolve a wiring problem this weekend.

Wheels are Panasports from Motor Sports purchased by the prior owner. 16X7"

The car has a few items that make it look "different" from other 240's you'll notice the bumpers are smooth, no over rider bars or bumperettes. These are commonly refered to as California bumbers or euro bumpers. They take a standard thin bumper fill the holes with metal then rechrome the bumpers and do not add any bump strips etc. Next the car has a louvered hood and inspection lids. These were Scarab options but also avaliable from Motor Sports at one time (may still be avaliabe).

Next the car has clear side markers and clear front turn signals (avaliable from Too Intense Restorations). Next all the window trim is blacked out as well as the door handles and key locks these little touches give the car a clean fresh look.

The red stripes on the car are called "rookie stripes" which I kept when I sold my Factory Five roadster (Shelby Cobra) they are removeable and let cars on the track during HSDE know that you are not familiar with the track. The vintage Castrol decals also came from my roadster and are removeable. By the way I work for Castrol Lubricants so it's a natural fit on the car for me.

The Original "Datsun" fender logos have been replaced by the "Scarab" logos in black and of course the original Scarab medallion is affixed on the sail panel.

IMG_0331.jpg

SD530704.jpg

SD530694.jpg

mwzf00011.jpg

100_5001.jpg

100_3631.jpg

100_5303.jpg

100_5313.jpg

This is a pretty good idea of how low the car sits

100_5316.jpg

Edited by nwa240z

• 5 months later...