IGNORED

What S30 parts are the most difficult to find?

hls30.com

What OEM parts have the highest unobtanium content  

104 members have voted

1. 1. What OEM parts have the highest unobtanium content

• Mechanical parts
    • Electrical parts
    • Cosmetic exterior parts
    • Cosmetic interior parts
    • Competition Parts Options
    • Original parts that were the first superceeded
    • Fasteners
    • brackets
    • emissions parts
    • replacement sheetmetal(bolt on or weld on)
    • Soft parts
    • Filters
    • Documentation
    • Nissan tools
    • time for search for or use of the above!

I was sitting here wondering what experiences you have in the frustration of finding parts. I am in the process of getting everything together to reassemble my '72, and went looking for the few missing pieces I need to have everything(except those one or two thinga majigs that will remain hiden until I reach for them and they are not there).

WHat pieces have you found the most dificult to find?

While my selections are somewhat general, please include specifics.

Will

The hardest part for me to find on my '72 has been and is a NOS ashtray cover-It is the only NOS part have been consistantly searching for that I have not found. I have not found a used one that is in good enough shape to satisfy me-though I have several.

Next would be some of the oem parts made for other countries-but I don't feel they really count for the purpose of this poll(only relative to my having a USA version), so listing them would be for one of you lot 'cross the pond!

The next part was recently brought up in another thread-the fusebox area console cover-it took a couple of years to find one, then several popped up!

I have had a difficult time finding some other NOS parts(ok it is harder to pay for them than to find them).

I have found most of the series one parts(due in no small part to members here) I thought would be difficult to find, but then that project is waiting for a low vin chassis, and I am sure when I get serious about sewing up the parts hunt for it there will be more "holes to fill".

Will

I've had a hell of a time finding interior finish parts, specifically the door skins. Electrical parts such as the lighted rear defroster switch, wiring harnesses, and a good electric antenna. Electrical connectors were also VERY hard to come by when doing my rebuild on the harnesses.

I agree that interior parts are difficult to find, but it's even more difficult to find interior parts that aren't cracked already. Every time the dealer tech works on the inside of my car, something seems to break off. I'm seriously thinking of beating new ones out of aluminum, and painting them with krinkle paint.

thx

WHhhoooohhahhahhahahha!!

Bill, anybody with balls big enough to wear that hat-even on Halloween-deserves a break...

...or at least an obscene coat hanger!

If it weren't for the babe on your arm in the photo(granted, it is an OLD photo) I would say the Z part made of the most unobtanium for you is a date!

Will