IGNORED

Datsun Scarab Info

zr240

I have just finished sorting through a TON of Z stuff I got from someone on one of the boards I'm a member of and there is some Scarab info in there including some pix. Please feel free to look around at it and download what you want, here's the link (just scroll down to the Scarab directory): http://www.pape.ws/allan_and_rosanne/Z-Car_Stuff/

This is not a pretty page, it's just a directory listing but there's a lot of good info, pix, and videos there.

I believe the Winter 2002 issue of Sport Z Magazine has an entire article on the Scarab (The Original 350Z). BTW the first few started out with 327ci engine. This is great reading on such a rare "Hybrid". It was known as the "Cobra of the 70's".

I would love to own an original Scarab like the one featured in the magazine.

Vicky

The information I posted came from the magazine, I cut and pasted from the original file. Like I said there was a lot more but then I might as well have pasted the whole article. Attached is a nice picture of the car.

post-5755-14150793685897_thumb.jpg

Originally posted by genes

Vicky, I might have what your looking for. I would post a picture for you but I'm apparently technically challanged and can't seem to get it to poston this site. Mark

Please don't tell me you have an original early Scarab for sale.......do you? Or are you just saying you have some pictures to post.

I would give up my first born for a TRUE Scarab. (I have no children, except the 4 wheeled type known as Z Cars)

Vicky

Vicky, I not sure what your referring to when you say an original Scarrab. I'm not really that familar with them. I have several digital pictures of my car if you want me to e-mail them to you. I also have all the original documentation including original invoice and correspondences. On the door jamb the vechile has the Scarrab I.D. plate. The production number is #133. Mark

Originally posted by genes

Vicky, I not sure what your referring to when you say an original Scarrab. I'm not really that familar with them. I have several digital pictures of my car if you want me to e-mail them to you. I also have all the original documentation including original invoice and correspondences. On the door jamb the vechile has the Scarrab I.D. plate. The production number is #133. Mark

Well I'd read somewhere that after a few years of producing the cars the general public was able to by the badges but they didn't have the "Scarab" inscription. The original founder, Brian Morrow, would not recognize these has "his" hybrid. I'm guessing that they offered a "do it yourself" kit. I could be wrong as the mind does tend to fade with age, hehehe.

Heck yeah, I would love to see pics of your car!!!

Thanks

Vicky

Vicky, Part of the paperwork I have is the original invoice where the car was sent to California in 1978 for the conversion. It has the leather interior, Recaro bucket seats, flared wheel wells, BBS racing rims, louvered hood and access panels, rear spoiler and front air dam, etc. I good fax you a copy of the invoice that lists the options. I'll need a e-mail addresss to send the pictures to.

Vicky, Part of the paperwork I have is the original invoice where the car was sent to California in 1978 for the conversion. It has the leather interior, Recaro bucket seats, flared wheel wells, BBS racing rims, louvered hood and access panels, rear spoiler and front air dam, etc. I good fax you a copy of the invoice that lists the options. I'll need a e-mail addresss to send the pictures to.

• 5 years later...

There were a total of 273 factory cars produced to include five convertibles and three 2+2 cars Of which I own one :) a 1977. The cars were built in Brian's facility in Savoy California (just outside San Diego). The only cars that wore Scarab badges were those produced at the factory. Kits were availible for do it your self conversions but the badges were never sold. There were numerous body configurations including square headlight conversions... wide body kits... cowl hoods... louvered hoods and fenders... alot of frufru.... anything for a price.

I have a particular interest in the Scarab. I created a dedicated forum on this website just to discuss Scarab and act as a 'holding place' for others to provide information as well. Check out the forum: http://www.amdag.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=100

I'm going to move this thread into the same forum...

Anyway, I'm always interested in finding out more with these cars. Going for a ride would be an awesome experience.

Mike

Edit: Oh wow, Just noticed this is an OOOLD thread from 2004. :)